Is something wrong with social actions today?

[li]Having trouble sending. It doesn’t seem to complete the action. Nothing shows up on messages sent…
[li]I’ve heard at least one other person having this issue.
[li]Some kind of system glitch?

It was fine for me at 3:00 PM GMT.[li]

And just now at 8:15 PM GMT.
edited by Lady Sapho Byron on 3/7/2016

I’ve had that happen in the past - very annoying on the rare occasions it does. Try reloading your browser, and see if that makes any difference.

Also, for comparison purposes:
-Which social action(s) is it affecting?
-Does it only happen with one person on your contact list, or everyone?
-Does it consume an Action when you attempt, or does the whole send-a-social-action thing refuse to function?

My plant just got its buds kicked in a challenge so I guess social actions work just fine in my end.

[li]I couldn’t get any to work, except sending letters. I tried chess, coffee, healing, etc.
[li]It would go to a blank screen, and not process the action.
[li]Happily it seems to be resolved now!
[li]

[quote=Lady Sapho Byron]It was fine for me at 3:00 PM GMT.[li]

edited by Lady Sapho Byron on 3/7/2016[/quote][/li][quote=Appolonia][li]I couldn’t get any to work, except sending letters. I tried chess, coffee, healing, etc.
[/li][li]It would go to a blank screen, and not process the action.
[/li][li]Happily it seems to be resolved now!
[/li][/quote]This seems a good quiet thread to mention; please, both of you, tell me, I keep seeing this happen, why are bullet points invading your posts? Where do they come from?

I know they’re tricky to get rid of when quoting someone, I actually have to click the HTML button and remove an open ended [ li ] but where do they come from in the first place, Cecil is very confused.

[quote=Cecil ][quote=Lady Sapho Byron]It was fine for me at 3:00 PM GMT.[li]

edited by Lady Sapho Byron on 3/7/2016[/quote][/li][quote=Appolonia][li]I couldn’t get any to work, except sending letters. I tried chess, coffee, healing, etc.
[/li][li]It would go to a blank screen, and not process the action.
[/li][li]Happily it seems to be resolved now!
[/li][/quote]This seems a good quiet thread to mention; please, both of you, tell me, I keep seeing this happen, why are bullet points invading your posts? Where do they come from?

I know they’re tricky to get rid of when quoting someone, I actually have to click the HTML button and remove an open ended [ li ] but where do they come from in the first place, Cecil is very confused.

They come from the same place as mysteriously open-ended quote tags :P

[quote=Optimatum]
They come from the same place as mysteriously open-ended quote tags :P[/quote]

Back at base?
Bugs in the (forum) software.

[quote=Cecil ][quote=Lady Sapho Byron]It was fine for me at 3:00 PM GMT.
And just now at 8:15 PM GMT.[/quote]

[quote=Appolonia]I couldn’t get any to work, except sending letters. I tried chess, coffee, healing, etc.
It would go to a blank screen, and not process the action.
Happily it seems to be resolved now!
[/quote]This seems a good quiet thread to mention; please, both of you, tell me, I keep seeing this happen, why are bullet points invading your posts? Where do they come from?

I know they’re tricky to get rid of when quoting someone, I actually have to click the HTML button and remove an open ended [ li ] but where do they come from in the first place, Cecil is very confused.[/quote]
When I find that bullet-points have infested my ‘Reply With Quote’, I tend to copy+paste it into Notepad, then copy+paste it back out again. No need for me to mess around in HTML, when editing in the ‘.txt’ format strips out fancy formatting easily enough.

[li]I can’t figure out how to get rid of these be-deviling bullets.
[li]I tried cut & paste, but it doesn’t seem to help.
[li]Any suggestions most welcome!

[quote=Appolonia]
I can’t figure out how to get rid of these be-deviling bullets.
I tried cut & paste, but it doesn’t seem to help.
Any suggestions most welcome![/quote]
Oh, I did fail to mention, I tend to open a new [Add Reply] window when pasting.
Failing that, either add remove the [ li ] (or all of them) or put in a [ /li ] where the dot-points are meant to end:

Edit: With the [ li ] and editing the HTML, remove the spaces of course. (Something I failed to do while making this comment.)
edited by Kittenpox on 3/9/2016

Test…

Ooh, it works better if I &quotreply with quote&quot rather than &quotadd reply&quot. And edit it like you said.

Success! Thank you so much!

Ctrl+Shift+V is also a great keybinding to remember, it strips the text you’re pasting of any formatting, hadn’t thought of using it for the mysterious bullet points though.