Is it possible to mod the game? how?

I’d like to give the eschatologue 120 cargo capacity, to match the merchant cruiser. Since it’s an absurdly expensive endgame reward, i’d rather it be a straight upgrade. Plus i love trading, and i really can’t stand looking at the caligo any more, the three non-aligned crates on it upset me.

is it possible to do this by editing the game files? Can anyone provide info on how?
edited by Nanako on 1/9/2016
edited by Nanako on 1/9/2016

I’m not computer-savvy enough to help you myself but maybe you find what you’re looking for on one of these sites:

&quotHow to make SS mods&quot
Modding thread on Steam

edit: actually here’s a thread discussing your very problem!
edited by phryne on 1/9/2016

well i’m not making any headway so far, that subforum seems to be dead and my request for help has gone unanswered T_T

Just open qualities.json and search
&quotId&quot:4814},{&quotLevel&quot:100
or just 4814 and then change the 100 of that very next &quotLevel&quot: to 120.

Note that a) you’ll need to do this again for each new chaptain and b)if you’re at zee with that ship, it’ll take a few seconds for the change to take effect the first time.
edited by Mr. Mister on 1/12/2016

[quote=phryne]I’m not computer-savvy enough to help you myself but maybe you find what you’re looking for on one of these sites:

Modding thread on Steam

edited by phryne on 1/9/2016[/quote]

Aww I wish I had time to learn how to mod :(

Would be so much fun creating new ships and canons … and skins <3

But I guess you need some serious experience and at least a basic understanding of how games work :(

[quote=ScottishRite][quote=phryne]I’m not computer-savvy enough to help you myself but maybe you find what you’re looking for on one of these sites:

Modding thread on Steam

edited by phryne on 1/9/2016[/quote]

Aww I wish I had time to learn how to mod :(

Would be so much fun creating new ships and canons … and skins <3

But I guess you need some serious experience and at least a basic understanding of how games work :([/quote]

Don’t get yourself too hyped out. Ship slots are hardcoded in their names, the modding tools don’t allow custom icons so you’d need to dump them in the main folder, the GUI can’t be edited, you can’t add any new skins, no support for sounds, animations etc. The modding equipment is limited and buggy, and they don’t seem to be keen on offering more modding support.
edited by Foxman8472 on 1/19/2016