is it possible for the bazzar to be killed?.

now when I say that I mean by anything in the Neath since the beings that reside in the high wilderness would probably be capble of ending the bazzar.
personally I feel it is judging from the fate you can get which implies that the bazzar has weakness in its defensive systems.

I believe the Liberation of Night destiny actually kills the Bazaar.

Probably not with conventional means, though a metric ton of dynamite or possibly a nuclear device might do the trick.

I do believe in a potential destiny you end one of the masters with a simple Derringer, so the immortality of the Neath stuff might be severely overstated.

Does the mountain of light’s gift extend to things like the masters and the bazaar? Meaning, would they stay dead?
On that point, I’ve always wondered just how resistant to death people in the neath are. Okay, I stab you and you can come back. What if I cut off an arm? A head (okay in seeking you semi-survive this but Eldritch stuff is going on)? What about being burnt in a fire, or being blown up by revolutionaries?
Also, with as resistant to death as I am in FL, you’d think my captains in sunless sea could survive longer than an hour or two, but perhaps starvation isn’t something that lets you come back from the boat.

The bazaar at least, is actually above the mountain in terms of immortality (…probably)

And for killing the masters, well, look at Mr Eaten to see how hard that is.

For us people, cutting off an arm is survivable, a head is not, a neither is an explosion (depending on injuries received).

[quote=Pumpkinhead]Does the mountain of light’s gift extend to things like the masters and the bazaar? Meaning, would they stay dead?
On that point, I’ve always wondered just how resistant to death people in the neath are. Okay, I stab you and you can come back. What if I cut off an arm? A head (okay in seeking you semi-survive this but Eldritch stuff is going on)? What about being burnt in a fire, or being blown up by revolutionaries?
Also, with as resistant to death as I am in FL, you’d think my captains in sunless sea could survive longer than an hour or two, but perhaps starvation isn’t something that lets you come back from the boat.[/quote]
You might actually be on to something. When you kill Mr Wines in one of the destinies, you do so in surface Paris, and he dies quite easily IIRC.
Death is pretty complicated, but here’s a brief break-down.
Losing limbs and then dying will probably have you come back limbless. It appears to be possible to sew missing parts back on before reanimation to prevent this.
Losing a head, or a vital part of your body (most organs, your brain, etc) will render you permanently dead. Seeking is an exception because of eldritch shenanigans.
Being burnt in a fire or being blown up depends on the extent of the damage. You might come back as someone with permanent and painful burn marks, or not at all. You might just have a big gaping wound in your chest from shrapnel or you could be quite literally blown into chunks in which case you’re probably just dead.
Captains in Sunless Sea seem to be special cases. You and your crew probably turn into drownies or such when you drown, but Sunless Sea is a game about being a Zee-Captain, once you’re a drownie that game ends.

Starvation probably leads to permanent death, together with suffocation for a long enough time (you might just come back mentally retarded from the oxygen deprivation, though), dehydration, and buggering Poor Edward.
Exceptions to the above rules are more prevalent the closer to the Mountain of Light you live; you might be able to come back from things that could kill any Londoner if you’re a Presbyter. The Presbyters do, at least, seem to be so sturdy and unlikely to die that they have to set up an organization to enforce mortality (ie, they hunt down any Presbyter that doesn’t turn himself in at age 1.000 and punish their offspring). Probably the assassins sent after the Presbyterate Adventuress in Sunless Sea would have to make sure she’s deader than dead through some ritual of dicing her remains into millions of gibbets or burning her to ash or such.

In some cases, dying might have more adverse effects. Being poisoned might leave you with permanent sickliness or shortness of breath, iirc. Drowning obviously makes one a drownie. There’s a reason stuff like Cantigaster Venom is valuable.

[quote=suinicide] The bazaar at least, is actually above the mountain in terms of immortality (…probably)

[color=rgb(194, 194, 194)]And for killing the masters, well, look at Mr Eaten to see how hard that is.[/color]

[color=rgb(194, 194, 194)]For us people, cutting off an arm is survivable, a head is not, a neither is an explosion (depending on injuries received).[/quote][/color]
[color=#c2c2c2]I was under the impression that they were punishing Mr. Eaten more than they were killing him. There are probably heavy penalties for breaking a contract of servitude with the Bazaar.
[/color]

[quote=Pumpkinhead]Does the mountain of light’s gift extend to things like the masters and the bazaar? Meaning, would they stay dead?
Also, with as resistant to death as I am in FL, you’d think my captains in sunless sea could survive longer than an hour or two, but perhaps starvation isn’t something that lets you come back from the boat.[/quote] well I cant imagine its possible if you die at sea since cases would put you in the sea.
I imagine its a gameplay contrivance for the most part however enforcing its roguey design philosophy would be really tough if you were as nigh on invincible as you are in fallen London.

also id like to ask infinity or whoever feels obliged what exactly a derringer is? that’s something ive ever heard of in my 6 months of play
though if its ambition related id rather not know since I intend to make a new character at some point to take a look at content like that I missed deliberately or other wise with zorgan.

[li]

[quote=crazyroosterman]
also id like to ask infinity or whoever feels obliged what exactly a derringer is? that’s something ive ever heard of in my 6 months of play
though if its ambition related id rather not know since I intend to make a new character at some point to take a look at content like that I missed deliberately or other wise with zorgan.[/quote]
A derringer is a small sort of easily concealed pistol or revolver, it’s a purposeful mispelling of the derringer’s inventor, Henry Deringer. Around the time of Fallen London they would’ve been one or two-shot and easy to conceal, they make a few appearances throughout the game; you can buy a Ratwork Derringer from the Bazaar. Because Derringers are obviously the more discrete and elegant variety of firearm, everyone in London seems to prefer them to the actual revolvers that should also be in rotation at the time; like the handsome Colt Single Action Army.

edited by Infinity Simulacrum on 8/1/2017

[quote=Infinity Simulacrum]Exceptions to the above rules are more prevalent the closer to the Mountain of Light you live; you might be able to come back from things that could kill any Londoner if you’re a Presbyter. The Presbyters do, at least, seem to be so sturdy and unlikely to die that they have to set up an organization to enforce mortality (ie, they hunt down any Presbyter that doesn’t turn himself in at age 1.000 and punish their offspring). Probably the assassins sent after the Presbyterate Adventuress in Sunless Sea would have to make sure she’s deader than dead through some ritual of dicing her remains into millions of gibbets or burning her to ash or such.[/quote]A nitpick: the Presbyter is the head of the Presbyterate’s government, and there is only one Presbyter at any given time. Once their time in office ends, they join the College of Mortality. An ordinary citizen of the Presbyterate would be not a Presbyter, but a… Presbyterian, I guess? That’s awkward.

[quote=Infinity Simulacrum][quote=crazyroosterman]
though if its ambition related id rather not know since I intend to make a new character at some point to take a look at content like that I missed deliberately or other wise with zorgan.[/quote]
A derringer is a small sort of easily concealed pistol or revolver, it’s a purposeful mispelling of the derringer’s inventor, Henry Deringer. Around the time of Fallen London they would’ve been one or two-shot and easy to conceal, they make a few appearances throughout the game; you can buy a Ratwork Derringer from the Bazaar. Because Derringers are obviously the more discrete and elegant variety of firearm, everyone in London seems to prefer them to the actual revolvers that should also be in rotation at the time; like the handsome Colt Single Action Army.

edited by Infinity Simulacrum on 8/1/2017[/quote] I…hu is it really that easy? I wouldn’t a master to die to a regular fire arm like that.
makes me wonder why our good friends in the calendar council haven’t been more pro activate in attempting assassinations on them.

[li]

also something else I’ve been wondering about that I don’t want to make a thread about.

is it possible for a human participate in whatever equivalent the bazzar has to communication? and if so what would it have to say.
if whatever it does is even comprehensible to a sane human.

Pretty sure the game itself refers to them as Presbyters in plural.
The word is derived from Greek, anyways, it means something along the line of Elder or Eldest.
A Presbyter would be an elder.
The Presbyter would be the elder/the eldest, eg the one Presbyter (to rule them all).

When did Mr eaten break a contract?

[quote=crazyroosterman]also something else I’ve been wondering about that I don’t want to make a thread about.

is it possible for a human participate in whatever equivalent the bazzar has to communication? and if so what would it have to say.
if whatever it does is even comprehensible to a sane human.[/quote]

Maybe’s Daughter undergoes some kind of transformation inside the Bazaar (in the cases where she survives the experience). I suspect that communing with the Bazaar is part of what makes the experience potentially life and/or sanity threatening.

Probably around the point where he loved the Second City so much that it started getting in the way of his and the other masters’ service to the Bazaar. All the masters are commingling and plotting and planning, but so far it’s all been in line with gathering the Love Stories, I’d assumed because the other masters detested their stay in the Second City, Candles’ love for it was considerent inconvenient enough to break his contract with that blackest of spires.

Anyways, there’s no mention of M. Mouvedré turning into the metaphysical equivalent of a black hole after you shoot him, so I presume masters don’t necessarily become whatever Eaten became if/when they die.

[quote=Infinity Simulacrum]Probably not with conventional means, though a metric ton of dynamite or possibly a nuclear device might do the trick.

I do believe in a potential destiny you end one of the masters with a simple Derringer, so the immortality of the Neath stuff might be severely overstated.[/quote]

A billion rat would easily end the Bazaar, when smashed.

Eaten broke no contract. The killing of Eaten was a breach of contract though.

Yes, one can communicate with the Bazaar in its own way. Having high enough SotC at a certain ending of Secrets Framed In Gold involves just such a communication.

Yeah, Eaten was the one who was betrayed. His killing wasn’t a punishment, it was a betrayal, the price paid for the third city.

Pretty sure the Bazaar can be killed, but it’s damn hard for someone like a human. It’s pretty high on the Great Chain of being compared to humans. Judgements could do it no sweat though, and so there’s probably some way even lowly mortals could find. (In the Liberation of Night destiny that happens)

Bazzar is just a thief and a bit player in the soul trade, killing him would be trivial.

Now, the Bazaar, on other hand… to paraphrase our current Mayor, &quotAll things are possible. Most won’t happen.&quot

The liberation of the night aims to destroy this areas judgment, the bazaars half lover and mother of it’s child.