Irrigo?

Those in the Nadir, at one point does Irrigo become troublesome, and what are the effects? Also are their any known ways of removing it?[li]

One point of irrigo equals roughly 5CP of stat lost as soon as you opt to leave the cave: If you hit 10 Irrigo, you’ll get a doubled loss of stat and are forced to leave immediately.
Irrigo is removed every week: You lose all your Irrigo at once, so you can go back to the Cave once a week.

In short:

You get ejected from the Nadir when it hits 10 or above.
You lose five change points of each primary stat for every point of Irrigo you have, plus an additional hit during the leaving dialogue.
(As of last time I was there, you can get that later penalty more than once if, for instance, you don’t have enough actions to leave immediately. So… have a few actions spare when it’s time to leave!)
You can’t return to the Nadir while you still have Irrigo, but it will disappear after about one week.

Wow, thanks for the quick and comprehensive replies O.o

Do we yet know if Irrigo will disappear at week’s end in the Nadir? I’m about to be ejected, and can’t help but wonder.[li]

EDIT: The Living Story is triggered by the dialogue to leave, so I’d assume not.
edited by Jack Vaux-Harrowden on 7/17/2013

For those who haven’t yet used the Irrigo-removing link, I recommend saving it for when you’re in the Cave. This has the dual benefits of not resetting the timer on the Living Story that resets your Irrigo once a week, and preventing any stat penalty for the Irrigo you use it to remove. The only disadvantage is that you may be stuck with a bunch of undesirable cards in your hand that leaving would have disposed of.

If you leave the Cave with zero Irrigo, can you definitely go back right away? If so, it opens the way to very gamey card management.

[quote=Flyte]
If you leave the Cave with zero Irrigo, can you definitely go back right away? If so, it opens the way to very gamey card management.[/quote]

Yes, actually! The 3-action cost makes it a bit of a hassle, I guess, but there’s nothing stopping you from hopping in-and-out until you get a particular card which you really want.