Iron Republic Preparations

I was planning on visiting the Iron Republic soon, and wanted to know if there is anything in particular I should bring along.

If your visit is ambitious in nature, a couple of portfolios of souls and a certain key would save you from some grief (or at least multiple trips to that place). Otherwise, while there are a few things that help or hinder progress, they don’t really have a big impact unless you’re planning on spending a lot of time there to farm. It’s probably a good idea to not carry around a lot of souls, as there is the chance that you will visit a day that could result in you losing 200 of them if you have them. Otherwise, have fun. No cards to draw there, so a five-card lodging won’t make any difference.

If your trip is indeed driven by Ambition, you also should use the free looping option at certain levels of Nemesis to explore the republic in great detail and write a few spare journals.

Also, no need to bring your sanity. In fact, leave it at the door.

Four or five card lodgings might make the zee trip easier though if you’ve been using a remote address one.

If you just want a journal or to explore, you’re probably fine without bringing anything in particular.

The qualities used in checks mostly don’t strongly influence them and, well, they’re VERY STRANGE.

Do you have to expend your Iron Republic Safe conduct in order to visit? Or is it a permanent item?

It’s a permanent item.

Well, given how much work it takes for just one Mark of Credit, can you imagine anyone going to the Republic if it takes so much for one visit?

[quote=Estelle Knoht]
Well, given how much work it takes for just one Mark of Credit, can you imagine anyone going to the Republic if it takes so much for one visit?[/quote]

One never knows. Thanks to you and Sara for your replies.

Well, given how much work it takes for just one Mark of Credit, can you imagine anyone going to the Republic if it takes so much for one visit?[/quote]
I actually can- if it has a temporary 3-5 epa grind, or if it gives really valuable items on the first visit, or if you have a better-than-usual chance of getting really useful stuff that either cannot be aquired, or is rather hard to aquire in other means- like 4th city ariangs and tears of the bazaar, for instance.
since it’s not any of those things… no. i cannot.
edited by Grenem on 3/11/2015

[quote=Grenem]
I actually can- if it has a temporary 3-5 epa grind, or if it gives really valuable items on the first visit, or if you have a better-than-usual chance of getting really useful stuff that either cannot be aquired, or is rather hard to aquire in other means- like 4th city ariangs and tears of the bazaar, for instance.
since it’s not any of those things… no. i cannot.[/quote]

I will totes Seek Mr Eaten’s Name if it has 5 EPA and hands out Masters-Blood like a soda fountain too.
edited by Estelle Knoht on 3/11/2015

[quote=Estelle Knoht][quote=Grenem]
since it’s not any of those things… no. i cannot.[/quote]

I will totes Seek Mr Eaten’s Name if it has 5 EPA and hands out Masters-Blood like a soda fountain too.
edited by Estelle Knoht on 3/11/2015[/quote]
exactly- well… actually, given seeking the name, if they made it like that… it would probably be a carosel, and also also have, per master’s blood aquired, your destiny gets darker- a -10 to each stat in your destiny, uncureable in most ways without absurd sums of fate and/or twice as much masters blood as you got from the carousel, and every time you received one, you would have a vision of a different method of death or destruction, sending you to a menace area. shredded by the vake, judged by the judgements, destroyed in an assault on the masters, etc.