Invisible bloodstains

So I can’t realyl see the bloodstains from dead zee monsters (because colorblind), is there a way to make them have more contrast with the zee? (i mean i can cope beacuse it’s not impossible to see them if i squint and usually i can remember where i killed something long enough to loot, but…)

Oh.
There were bloodstains.

Damn.

[quote=Frenzgyn]Oh.
There were bloodstains.

Damn.[/quote]

That was my reaction when I first noticed, yes xD

I look on it as a bonus when I occasionally come across a blood slick in the water that I took down some time ago, I find that the shiny cargo is easier to see, but I think the bloodstain is just right for the remains of monsters…

The problem isn’t that they’re hard to see though, it’s that if your eyes aren’t as sensitive to red as most people’s, they’re basically impossible to see.

I hope they disappear after a game exit, cause if not, i think i’ve just found the reason why the game start lagging :S (too much crab leftover i think…)

I believe they do disappear after a game exit. Ship-NPCs and zee-beasts get refreshed on exit, after all.

[quote=WormApotheote]
The problem isn’t that they’re hard to see though, it’s that if your eyes aren’t as sensitive to red as most people’s, they’re basically impossible to see.[/quote]

Unfortunately, short of making them Vulcan green in terms of blood, I don’t think there’s many ways around this :( I’ve seen that in some cases, the corpse remains for a short while before dispersing to make the passage.

I think a more prolonged bubbling/flaming animation could definitely help, but that’s just for quick post-kill triangulation. I can’t think of any good way of keeping it noticeable for those times when you go on your way and then later zail back there and see you have something to pick up – but then again, it probably makes more sense for corpses or shipwrecks to sink if you’ve been gone that long anyway.

The bubbling animation works fine, its just not permanent. Pretty much anything that is more than just a color change in the water would work. (eg debris floating in the water, or some kind of ‘highlight loot’ option)

Making the blood green or purple would probably not be an improvement anyway, since there’s more than one form of colorblindness.

Also they seem to be a lot more visible (well, at least the auroreal megalopses) if I didn’t have my light shined on them.
edited by WormApotheote on 2/6/2015

My recommendation would be to pick things up as soon as you kill them. Besides that, I don’t think there’s any other options. Sorry I can’t be of more help.

Look on the bright side, latest revision has them not dying at all, so you don’t need to worry about it :D

Well, throught gamefiles editing i found it’s possible to change the loot animation of beastie with thato of ships… so, if you’re ok having “crates” when you kill a crab, PM me :)

Could be the remains of the crabs last dinner :)