Investigating the Affluent Photographer

from the looks of the forum, I’m the first to get this new card? had 3 options; a help a friend, a cheat a friend, and a go solo option so you could pursue this story without relying on friends. doesn’t look like you need to wait for people to have started the story before being able to help friends if the list of my available peeps is any indication.

I’ve got it as well. I’m waiting on an acceptance to take it up to the third rank right now.

I’m at Trailing the Affluent Photographer 1! Does anyone know what happens next?

You’ll get the card again, and again, and get a point from them as well

I’ve had it twice, and just received a card entitled “Revolution and Coffee” which requires level 3. Options to listen to either the Photographer or the Jovial Contrarian as they debate revolution.

Got it too!

SPOILERS

[color=#ffffff]Card: Revolution and Coffee (unlocked at 2)
Caligula’s Coffee House is full well into the evening. The Affluent Photographer is advocating the cause of Revolution to a Jovial Contrarian.

Options:
Listen to the Affluent Photographer:
The Affluent Photographer is enumerating the virtues of revolutionary change over a steaming mug. Listen to her arguments while the coal fire crackles
Result: Softly Spoken[/color]
[color=#ffffff]The Affluent Photographer speaks quietly between sips of the expensive number four special. ‘…and even you can see that we can’t go on like this. The city is shrinking every year. Some of the Northern boroughs are half-abandoned already. is this what is left of the Empire? No. We cannot allow the masters to holdour reins any longer. There’s no need to think about what happens after - we’ll sort ourselves out, no doubt.’[/color]
[color=#ffffff]
[/color]
[color=#ffffff]You’ve lost 3x Trailing the Affluent Photographer[/color]
[color=#ffffff]An occurrence! Your ‘A Marked Month’ Quality is now 1![/color]
[color=#ffffff]An occurrence! Your ‘The Photographer and the Contrarian’ Quality is now 1 - Favouring the Affluent Photographer![/color]
[color=#ffffff]You’ve gained 50 Whispered Secrets.

Listen to the Jovial Contrarian:
The Jovial Contrarian advocates stability above all else. Listen to him speak while you sip one of Caligula’s less volatile offerings.
[/color]
/SPOILERS

~MF
A Lady waiting
edited by MaurnaFrost on 4/15/2012
edited by MaurnaFrost on 4/15/2012

I got the card, but accidentally discarded it : (
edited by M_L_G on 4/16/2012

[quote=M_L_G]I got the card, but accidentally discarded it : (
edited by M_L_G on 4/16/2012[/quote]

Don’t lose your heart, it doesn’t seem very rare to me!

[quote=M_L_G]I got the card, but accidentally discarded it : (
edited by M_L_G on 4/16/2012[/quote]

It’s been rare for me but many of my delicious friends seem to get it on a frequent basis so I am sure you shall see it again!

~MF

If you side with the Contrarian:

Spoilers:
[color=#ffffff]Holding forth
Who made this storylet?
The Jovial Contrarian bangs on the side of his wheeled chair to emphasise his points. ‘…but that’s exactly what I’m saying! No revolution has ever improved the lot of the people the leaders purport to represent. And even you must have noticed we’re in a somewhat exotic environment. How do you think we’ll fare down here without the protection of the Masters? Good God, is that the time? You must excuse me, I’m afraid, as I have a party to attend…’

You’ve lost 3 x Trailing the Affluent Photographer (new total 0). [?]
An occurrence! Your ‘A Marked Month’ Quality is now 1!
An occurrence! Your ‘The Photographer and the Contrarian’ Quality is now 2 - Favouring the Jovial Contrarian!
You’ve gained 50 x Whispered Secret (new total 380).[/color]
[font=‘Lucida Grande’, ‘Lucida Sans Unicode’, Arial, Verdana, sans-serif]end spoilers

[/font]

Can someone choose to team up with me? I only need one more Trailing the Affluent Photographer and already have the card to turn them in, in my hand.

It brings me great sadness to not even received the first card. I’m sure this is a foolish question, but are their any requirements? Or am I merely being impatient?

When I used the card it used up two certifiable scraps. So if you don’t have any of those you might need them to get the card.

When I used the card it used up two certifiable scraps. So if you don’t have any of those you might need them to get the card.[/quote]
You can use certifiable scraps if you don’t want to use the social option, but it didn’t appear to be locked without them.

I’ve got a card with an option that allows me to start both myself and a friend on this investigation. If you tell me your twitter handle I can invite you along.

Kitty Rivershack
@kittykayak

I’ve finally gotten the trait up to three. Thanks though.

Got another card for the series. One option requires Trailling 3 and Connected Revolutionaries 1, and other requires “A Marked Month 3”. With give more updates when I can get a third Trailling and can take the first option

My twitter tag is @Cubethulhu and I need another rank of trailing to use the second card in the chain. -_-

Second Card: [spoilers]
[color=#ffffff]
Fleecing the innocent

The Affluent Photographer heads off for lunch at the Bethlehem and leaves you to it.
The actual job is simplicity itself. The new arrival somehow ended up in New Newgate, but he still has the little package. He’s too busy looking at his new city to notice you picking it from his pocket and secreting it into your hat.
The package is a set of postcards. A pine forest at noon. Waves crashing on rugged shores. Light and life. One of them is duplicated - nobody will miss just one. The Cause will understand.
You’ve lost 3 x Trailing the Affluent Photographer (new total 0). [?]
An occurrence! Your ‘A Marked Month’ Quality is now 2!
An occurrence! Your ‘The Photographer and the Contrarian’ Quality is now 1 - Favouring the Affluent Photographer!
You’ve gained 1 x Vision of the Surface (new total 4).
Connected: Revolutionaries is increasing…

[/color]
end spoilers

I find it interesting that there was only the option to aid the Photographer, despite my earlier choice. Perhaps there is a card for the other side of the story?
edited by Myke Harryson on 4/23/2012