Into the Twisted Zee: A Sunless Sea Let's Play

Hello everyone. I started a Sunless Sea Let’s Play on my Youtube channel Arthenex Games:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCoEnv2Zn_2HgtWh-Ms56NmQ

Note that comments, tips, and suggestions are welcome, but please don’t spoil the game for me, this is my first playthrough of it.

Here is the first episode, I’ll update this thread as I post more episodes:

Let's Play Sunless Sea: Episode 1 - YouTube

Sorry for the late response, everyone must all be off playing Sunless Sea. I heartily congratulate you on your contribution to the community and hope that more people subscribe to your channel.

The video was good, although I was surprised at how quickly you were able to stumble across the Salt Lions (those massive Sphinxes at Zee). They are a huge source of income early on if you work for the foremen there (provided you can amass a spare 200 echoes). Do be careful with your dealings with the Cheery Man, if you spend the money he gives you without getting him his cargo he will most certainly try to kill you (or so I am lead to believe).

edited by Owen Wulf on 2/8/2015

Thanks for the kind words. I’m having a lot of fun with the game so far. I appreciate the tip about the salt lions, I’ll have to see if I can make that work for me. I’ll post another video tomorrow (hopefully I can do 1 a day).

Here is Episode 2, the adventures of Captain Arthenex continue!

Let's Play Sunless Sea: Episode 2 - YouTube

And here is Episode 3, things are starting to look grim.

Let's Play Sunless Sea: Episode 3 - YouTube

Here is Episode 4

Let's Play Sunless Sea: Episode 4 - YouTube

No! Captain Arthenex dead at Zee with all hands. The sorrows…

Do be warned that as you were unable to give your map to your next captain that everything (save the coastline) will be moved around on the map. So, for instance, the Salt Lions will no likely be near Venderblight anymore. Shame too, that was a great boon.

edited by Owen Wulf on 2/11/2015

Yes, the Zee can be treacherous. But that’s ok, my next captain will do better. (I hope anyway) :)

Here is Episode 5, the adventures of a new captain begin, my he live longer than the last one!

Let's Play Sunless Sea: Episode 5 - YouTube

Labyrinth of Tigers is available once at least one captain has died at 'zee.

I figured it had to be something like that, thanks for the tip!

Here is part 6, a voyage of exploration.

Let's Play Sunless Sea: Episode 6 - YouTube

Here is Episode 7

Let's Play Sunless Sea: Episode 7 - YouTube

Here is Episode 8, let’s put that new item to the test.

Let's Play Sunless Sea: Episode 8 - YouTube

Here is Episode 9. Despite what I say at the beginning of this episode, there are some interesting new discoveries in this one. But there is also significant danger.

Let's Play Sunless Sea: Episode 9 - YouTube

Here is Episode 10:

Let's Play Sunless Sea: Episode 10 - YouTube

Here is Episode 11

Let's Play Sunless Sea: Episode 11 - YouTube

Here is Episode 12

Let's Play Sunless Sea: Episode 12 - YouTube

Here is part 13. Note that this is something of an interlude where I show my basic method of grinding out money without doing additional exploring.

Let's Play Sunless Sea: Episode 13 - YouTube

Here is part 14. Let’s take the new ship for a spin!

Let's Play Sunless Sea: Episode 14 - YouTube