Intimate with devils help (Possible spoilers)

Hello, this is my first post here and tell me if I did something wrong.

I am wondering if its possible to lose the Intimate with devils quality and if so, could one of you tell me how to do it?

Because i really don’t want to have the chance of losing my soul in the future.

You can always decline the Devil’s offer/invitation and that quality will drop to 1 eventually, if your Persuasive is low enough, failing &quotA dubious favour&quot will remove your Intimate with devils quality.

You will have this quality removed when a opportunity card arise if you have sold your soul though. Some people believe selling their souls is not really that bad, some might even pack their soul in boxes on bookshelves so that they can sell them when they come in handy. After all, retrieving one’s soul isn’t d___ably difficult.;)
edited by Lomias on 2/21/2015

Yes, you can lose the quality, though the devils will still pester you to try to begin a friendship anew. To do that, you need to chose the options declining their favor. Not every card has a yes/no option, but you can discard the ones that don’t help you achieve your goal.

[quote=Lomias]You can always decline the Devil’s offer/invitation and that quality will drop to 1, if your Persuasive is low enough, failing &quotA dubious favour&quot will remove your Intimate with devils quality.

You will have this quality removed when a opportunity card arise if you have sold your soul though. Some people believe selling their souls is not really that bad, some might even pack their soul in boxes on bookshelves so they can sell them when they come in handy. After all, retrieving one’s soul isn’t d___ably difficult.;)
edited by Lomias on 2/21/2015[/quote]

I got my intimacy by getting the rare success for Remove a mysterious stranger’s mask from the A masked revel for the Feast of the Rose, and unintentionally received the quality. I am wondering in any point in the future if I will be able to lose the quality since I really really really don;t want to lose my soul.

Also, don’t be concerned that they’re going to suddenly spring the idea of selling your soul right away. You need to get to Intimate with Devils 13 before they come straight out with their offer.

[quote=harry3606]
I got my intimacy by getting the rare success for Remove a mysterious stranger’s mask from the A masked revel for the Feast of the Rose, and unintentionally received the quality. I am wondering in any point in the future if I will be able to lose the quality since I really really really don;t want to lose my soul.[/quote]

The option that let you sell your soul unlocks at An Intimate of Devils 13, I guess you can have your soul intact if you don’t pursue that quality, but you need to live with that when those opportunity cards keep showing up on your deck.

not sure if it’s been corrected, but if you can get your intimate of devils pass 13, you should stop getting the cards asking for your soul. it was an alternative way of keeping those cards out of your deck.

Just tell them to go away whenever you have the chance you’ll lose the quality soon enough. I had to get Intimate 1 to get a Brass Embassy Sanctum recently and immediately turned around and ditched the quality afterwards.

You will stop getting cards that AREN’T asking for your soul eventually, and if you try to sell your soul enough and are unlucky (or &quotfortunate&quot as the game calls it) it’ll stop raising intimate of devils. I forget the exact value, 17 maybe?

But no they won’t leave you alone that way.

There is a card storylet that you always recieve if you have connected devils >5 which is called “a devil has taken an interest in you” (could be mistaken) in this storylet you have 3 options: Send risque note, which advances intimate, send polite note, which lets you gain a polite smile but nothing regarding intimate, and lastly a refusal option where you chastise the devil for being so forward which reduces intimate. this will allow you to lose it.
This card is pretty common so losing your intimate shouldnt be too dificult.

Funny thing, I seem to have done the ‘impossible’

I let the lady chase me, and then I let her seduce my soul from me, and before she could dump me, before either the fate locked path or the regular soul recovery path could even start, I got my soul back with the help of a sprifter and the urchins.

My intimate level is now so high that I just don’t get cards from them.

Ben, that’s not impossible. They’ll only take your soul once, then the story’s over. I had a character that “delved too deep”, when the real reasoning was I wanted to be rid of the opportunity cards.

I’ve been greatly avoiding this story path for similar reasons (fear of losing my soul; it’s important to me, you know?) But it’s sounding like it’s not as big a deal as I thought?

So, just letting it happen will end their pestering, will it? Hmmm…

Yep. There is a card that can trigger while you’re soulless that wipes your Intimate quality, but it only triggers if you lose your soul to someone other than them.

I have lost my soul, but I haven’t seen any specific draw backs, what am i missing

It adds a card to your deck, and some Summerset content at the University both opens up and closes off to you. It’s not a big deal, but a lot of people prefer to keep their souls anyways.