Inbox storylets

It seems every week I receive the message &quotAn enthusiastic admirer : A word pray you!&quot in addition to the weekly profession bonus. The various options result in leveling of Persuasive, but are there other inbox storylets that lead to increases in the other skills? How on earth did I receive &quotAn enthusiastic admirer&quot in the first place? Automatically, or only after I attempt to write a short story or somesuch in Veilgarden? Are there equivalents for the other skills? I have not had much luck combing through the forum or wiki.

Many thanks to those who can answer my numerous questions. [li]

Those are “living stories”, storylets or anything else with a time delay function. The storylets appear under the Messages tab. They’re triggered by particular actions. You’ll know something’s been triggered when you see the message “A living story will begin soon.” The next step in the story activates hours or days later.

There’s a group of living stories tailored for major attributes (Watchful, Shadowy, Dangerous, Persuasive). You’ve discovered the Persuasive one. :)

[quote=cimetis]It seems every week I receive the message &quotAn enthusiastic admirer : A word pray you!&quot in addition to the weekly profession bonus. The various options result in leveling of Persuasive, but are there other inbox storylets that lead to increases in the other skills? How on earth did I receive &quotAn enthusiastic admirer&quot in the first place? Automatically, or only after I attempt to write a short story or somesuch in Veilgarden? Are there equivalents for the other skills? I have not had much luck combing through the forum or wiki.
Many thanks to those who can answer my numerous questions. [li][/quote]

[/li][li]When you tell a risque joke in the Mandrake, you begin a living story for the Persuasive stat. Likewise, there are specific actions that open living stories for other stats. Swapping a courier’s bag for Shadowy, Listening to gossip at Hangman’s Arch for Watchful and Donating your body to Science for Dangerous[/li][li]

Oh thank you! I have been wondering what a ‘living story’ constitutes and you’ve all answered my questions most satisfactorily.