Improvements to the House of Chimes

So, as I’ve mentioned a few times before, I’m more than a little underwhelmed by the House of Chimes, especially considering how it requires a constant payment to come back. I’ve posted a topic in the feedback forum, but I’d like to discuss it here: Partly because all the top-voted ideas are either already implemented, or obsolete, and someone would have to be bored enough to go through hundreds of pages to comment on mine, and I would like some feedback from other users.

However, before I begin, I would like to ask: Am I allowed to discuss this? I will not be mentioning the plot of any storylets here, but I will be mentioning the various mechanics of things in the House to show how it currently works, and where it could be improved.

Honestly, I got through the major story lines pretty quickly (less than a week). There are a couple of hints to things I’ll be able to do later with qualities I don’t have, but other than that, the House holds little interest for me anymore.

I loved the two unique stories that the House of Chimes has (at least, two that I’m aware of), but everything else was rather mediocre. I suppose it’s nice to be able to access a few of the fate-locked options from cards (like the Honeyed Laudanum) without waiting for the actual card to pop up, and I hear you can nab some First City Coins with rare successes at the gaming tables, but it quickly lost its charm. But I’m not really sure what I’d like to see there.

[color=rgb(0, 0, 204)]While we encourage discussion of this sort of topic, the feedback forum is where we’d find it useful. Plus, if we start turning this forum into a place for suggestions, it’ll quickly take over.[/color]
[color=00ffff]
[/color]
[color=00ffff]I do understand your point about people not seeing the feedback forum post, though - How about providing a link to that post in this thread so people with an interest and opinions can head over there and discuss it?[/color]

Well, I was holding off on posting a link until I knew it was ok to discuss, seeing as it’s fate-locked content. I freely mentioned the mechanics in the post there, both as they were necessary, and because I felt if you didn’t want anyone seeing it, well, they weren’t going to see it unless I posted a link anyway.

http://feedback.echobazaar.failbettergames.com/forums/25389-suggestions/suggestions/2749727-new-additions-to-the-house-of-chimes

I posted some ideas of mine on the feedback page, but it seems nobody actually posted anything else…

I know there are more exceptional friends out there, d___ it! Mr.Chimes, kick them all out!