I'm supposed to take these tourists to Irem?

Hi,

I’m supposed to take these tomb colonists to Irem (see: Steam Community :: Screenshot :: Irem? Is Irem out yet?). As far as I know Irem isn’t out yet. Have I missed the update notes, or is this quest impossible to complete?

If it’s impossible to complete, should I just go back and sell these guys?

Irem does not officially come out for another week or so, but there’s still a placeholder port (Just a docking circle surrounded by a black outline) in the northeastern-most corner of the map, to help people complete quests and buy shop items. You can head there now to finish it, or, if you’d like, wait until the full city comes out next week (or maybe the week after). It won’t make much of a difference. (Although you can access all of Irem’s shops through the placeholder port, which allows you to buy quest items, so it might be helpful to head there now if there’s quests you want to finish but don’t have the items for).[li]

Thanks for the info.

It might be a good idea to take some coffee with you as well as there is an option that uses it in Irem.

On the subject of Irem, I’ve got my empty Mirrorcatch box from the Isle of Cats and was sure the instructions were to take it to Irem to be filled - but there’s no option there (that I can see) to do this. Has anyone had any joy?

Oh, is that what it’s for? I thought perhaps I had to take it to the Surface – sunlight, after all – but I didn’t know what I’d use it on.
edited by Fretling on 1/1/2015

[quote=Fretling]Oh, is that what it’s for? I thought perhaps I had to take it to the Surface – sunlight, after all – but I didn’t know what I’d use it on.
edited by Fretling on 1/1/2015[/quote]

If I had to pick anywhere to fill something with light, it would be Varchas, but I was positive that I’d been told to take it to Irem. However, I could easily have mis-remembered. I’ll just have to go back to an earlier savegame and redo!

It’s not Varchas… Although the Varchas in my world is darker than the zee now… I remember reading Irem as well for the sunlight, but I haven’t seen anything that would suggest what it is you do with it.

Bah. So I was remembering correctly about being meant to take it to Irem. Vexing, because there really doesn’t seem to be anything to do with it once one gets there. Swapping the Searing Enigma for the interersting item in Irem doesn’t help, for what it’s worth.

[quote=Casidy2]
Bah. So I was remembering correctly about being meant to take it to Irem. Vexing, because there really doesn’t seem to be anything to do with it once one gets there. Swapping the Searing Enigma for the interersting item in Irem doesn’t help, for what it’s worth.[/quote]

Yeah, found that too :( It’ll be there eventually, the question is what to do with it when you’ve got it :)

[quote=Rocket Heeled Jack][quote=Casidy2]
Bah. So I was remembering correctly about being meant to take it to Irem. Vexing, because there really doesn’t seem to be anything to do with it once one gets there. Swapping the Searing Enigma for the interersting item in Irem doesn’t help, for what it’s worth.[/quote]

Yeah, found that too :( It’ll be there eventually, the question is what to do with it when you’ve got it :)[/quote]

a) Find a way to hack between universes and give it to your Fallen London character;
b) Take it back to the cats and sell it (there’s an option for selling a sunlight-filled box).

You don’t take Mirrorcatch Boxes to Irem; Irem’s part of that guy’s little ramble on the nature of Time in the Neath, but there’s no sunlight to be had there. Go to the Surface, and you can sell the sunlight-filled boxes in a few places.

:) On the surface, where else, I have to say I hadn’t even considered it down here in all this darkness…

Cheers!

I’ve only found one place to sell sunlight so far, the Isle of Cats. Any information on all the places it can be sold?

I can’t find any to sell in the first place! :)

Take an empty Mirror-catch box; go to the Cumean Canal; make sure you have enough fuel and supplies; go to the surface; fill the box; come back (or take a trip to Naples first if you want). One Box of Sunlight is now yours.

The Blind Bruiser (same guy who gives you the 1k echoes quests) buys them for 100 echoes less than the Catties in Fallen London, but without the risk of your box not being returned and requiring you to buy a new one.
edited by Bardigan on 1/3/2015

That explains why I haven’t seen another place to sell them … I refused the Blind Bruiser’s offer, no soul smuggling for me :)