I'm baaaack (mayhap.)

For some reason, my old account did not recognize me, so here i am with a new one.
I used to hang out in chat a lot. Now i can’t find the link to it. Halp?
Also, pardon if i’m breaking any etiquetteries by asking this, but is there a dedicated community for Cultist Simulator anywhere? All i could find are Steam and GOG boards for it, which isn’t the same.

There is a subreddit for Weatherfactory and one for Cultist Simulator. They’re basically the same subreddit now and you occasionally get memes or victory boasting. There is also a channel for cultist sim in the Failbetter Community discord server (a.k.a the other discord)

Are the forums just dead in general? WT_ happened? I recently got into Skies, and after posting a bunch on the relevant board, i realized the last post from anyone but myself was last year. :=/

The FL forum is still pretty active. Can’t speak for the others as I almost never use them myself. If the forums have died, FB didn’t help it with the phase they went through of everything being on social media instead of their own forums. They did kind of abandon them for a while back there. Happily that no longer seems to be the case.

I, for one, am glad that these forums are quite alive. I prefer this format anyways.

I think there’s a natural ebb and flow of activity.

Over time, I’ve seen users take breaks and come back. I took a hiatus of over a year, as I was frustrated by certain aspects of the game, and I returned on realising a lot had been changed and added that appealed to me as a user. I suspect it’s similar to most users.

New users won’t typically use forums, especially in this day and age, and would go to Reddit or Discord. Old users would likely use the forums, and I’m one who does vastly prefer them, too, but the old users will come and go . . . they might dislike this change, or not have money for the EF, or just want a break for whatever reason, and then return (usually) at a later date. I’ve seen the forums much busier, too, but also much quieter. I wouldn’t worry about it.

I think there’s a natural ebb and flow of activity.

Over time, I’ve seen users take breaks and come back. I took a hiatus of over a year, as I was frustrated by certain aspects of the game, and I returned on realising a lot had been changed and added that appealed to me as a user. I suspect it’s similar to most users.

New users won’t typically use forums, especially in this day and age, and would go to Reddit or Discord. Old users would likely use the forums, and I’m one who does vastly prefer them, too, but the old users will come and go . . . they might dislike this change, or not have money for the EF, or just want a break for whatever reason, and then return (usually) at a later date. I’ve seen the forums much busier, too, but also much quieter. I wouldn’t worry about it.[/quote]
That’s what happened with me! Back after a two and a half year break and boy has everything changed.