I wish the aunt wasn't a negative-sum game...

So… I’ve got this problem with my Auntie.

She keeps bringing me drinks to try, and 90% of the time, they cost me an action and 2 points of wounds (I think, maybe more). And roughly 10% of the time, I get a lovely refresh.

I do wish that I’d at least break even on the actions I invest … since dealing with the wounds takes more actions than are given by her.

Now with the new “variable turn cost” thing, I’d love to see her cost 0, but with the wounds adjusted so it was ever so slightly a positive sum game…

Should have sent her to Mr. Huffman.
The Master’s option is the one you pick if you’re feeling lucky. It’s just one of the many end game decisions you have to live with.

My dearest Auntie was taken away by Devils. I am sure she is having a simply splendid time and would not dream of taking that away from her.

After a year of having her try to torture me with foul drinks, I eventually gave her to Mr. Sacks.
One should never count on luck. It has the most amazing habit of failing when it actually matters.

Yes, I’m regretting not giving Mr. Sacks a different gift. While the gift of a bottle did fufill M. Banere’s goals quite admirably, … I do wish I had convinced my aunt that we should part ways.

[quote=travellersside]After a year of having her try to torture me with foul drinks, I eventually gave her to Mr. Sacks.
One should never count on luck. It has the most amazing habit of failing when it actually matters.[/quote]
I also gave mine to Sacks. I’ve become more and more irritated with Mr. Wines lately; especially now that he doesn’t take jade.

I like my aunt! I wish there were more stories with her. I would pay fate to be plagued by her again in different ways, for sure! (She tries to poison me, too, so I confess I do quite often discard that opportunity card, as I find menace reduction a bit of a pain.)