I seem to have made a VERY determined enemy

(Sorry if this is in the wrong spot, but I’ve looked around am not sure where else something like this would go)

Anyway, for the past month, I’ve had someone following me around the RP forum and downvoting my posts. It started off in the Inflammatory Salon, with everything I posted getting negged, but it has since moved onto the rest of the RP forum. This person cancels out any positive rep I get, still downvotes anything I post in the Salon, and even seems to be going pretty far back in the Salon history to downvote posts. I’ve been lucky enough to have one of the other Salon posters cancel out any downvotes they see, but they can’t catch everything, and honestly, they shouldn’t have to &quotclean up&quot after this person at all (although I do appreciate it).

I was hoping they’d get bored with it after a few weeks, but that hasn’t been the case. While I’m not sure if what they’re doing is harassment, it does at least seem to be an abuse of the upvote/downvote system. Is there anything that can be done about this or should I just get used to having my own personal hater? :P

I had someone stalking me and doing that very same thing a while ago, and I wonder if the same person is now harassing you. I would say its definitely a form of harassment though it is difficult to track. I would recommend getting in touch with the moderators and explaining your situation. I recommend http://community.failbettergames.com/viewprofile.aspx?UserID=781 Sara Hysaro who is the mod I spoke with when I was experiencing a similar issue. If you know who it is, or if you have an idea and it turns out to be the same person that would establish a history of harassment for that individual. Even if its not the same person, I strongly recommend reporting the activity so that if they do attack others it won’t just be your word against theirs.

Man with this and the rats, you have the worst luck.

Pfft, my enemy is the Random Number God, try trumping that!

Jokes aside, good luck with your stalker. I hope the mods can help out.

This is oddly bewildering.

[color=#e53e00]I suspect that people do sometimes abuse this because they think voting is anonymous. I can check it, and if I find it has been abused I’ll be pretty unimpressed.

So, dear all: Not commenting in this specific instance, but voting is not actually anonymous. Abuse of it may incur a ban. [/color]

One other note of possible feedback to the moderators.

Unless you look closely, I think the red ‘downvote’ looks like a red heart. Like the two choices are like / love. I would not be surprised if folks make this error sometimes. Any user of Facebook is used to a thumbs up adjacent to a red heart, with the meaning like / love.

[quote=Appolonia]One other note of possible feedback to the moderators.

Unless you look closely, I think the red ‘downvote’ looks like a red heart. Like the two choices are like / love. I would not be surprised if folks make this error sometimes. Any user of Facebook is used to a thumbs up adjacent to a red heart, with the meaning like / love.[/quote]

[color=#e53e00]At the moment, for reasons, we can’t do much about the forum design. I’m definitely not going to loom over anyone for occasional red-thumbing, for the above reason, as well as because some posts do merit the occasional red-thumb (ones including terrible puns, for example. I joke. Ish). Votes are useful to moderators as a quick glance as to whether anything’s problematic/unduly excellent, but serve little other purpose (in my non-official opinion).

Basically - so long as they’re not being used for bullying, their value outweighs the negatives, for now. But we’re aware.

Edit: I’m locking this thread as the issue should be resolved, and I’d rather keep feedback in the Feedback thread. [/color]
edited by babelfishwars on 11/7/2016