I need a little help (for RP purposes)

[li]I am involved in a very in depth RP with another (more experienced) player and that player has invoked The Correspondence as part of the story. In order to move my side of the story ahead I need to know something about The Correspondence so that I don’t do / say / imply something that makes no sense at all. If anyone would be kind enough to drop me a short line (PM or in game letter - as it may contain spoilers) that just gives an overview of what it is so I can progress the story, I would be extremely grateful. My thanks in advance.
[li](I have tried the wikis - but they just don’t describe it at all. Of course, there may be a reason for that)
[li]Gray
[li]Josef Gray

I mean, it’s not endgame content, far from it, so I’d say it’s safe to post it here.

[spoiler]Basic info: It’s a language, consisting of a large amount of sigils. Nothing, that we know of, can contain 7 sigils of it, with candles getting to 5 and paper to 6. Looking at it, or writing to many sigils on any material, will cause severe burns to the readers eyebrows and/or the material it’s written on. It is also known as the Language of Xanadu.

Examples: Peligin Depths | What does the V-shaped sigil of the Correspondence... (for picture-and-text) and https://docs.google.com/document/d/1S9TwcwYp5xyi0QJ5Sesv0jimTVcNq3wFdwQ-amY_Gyg/edit?authkey=CJi3rYQL (for all text)

Origin and use(very spoilers): It is used by the stars, known as Judgements, to create and spread laws throughout the world. It’s fiery properties may be the way to spread a sigil’s effects. [/spoiler]

I hope this helps.
edited by Vavakx Nonexus on 6/23/2016

Thanks a lot - that was indeed very helpful.
Gray

Having more than 6 Correspondence sigils together will cause things to spontaneously combust.
There’s a very good reason the [Correspondence Plaque] item is made of lead rather than paper.

Though one has to wonder, could you create a seven sigil sentance with the correspondence if you were to project each sigil as a beam of light? Could we perhaps use multiple lanterns with a correspondence glyph and shine their light onto a common surface in which they together would form a 7 strong (or greater) language. After all; if this is indeed the language of the stars it seems foolish to try and speak it with mere pen and paper where light and fire are readily available.

[quote=Addis Rook]
that’s likely to either end up warping reality in an unpleasant way or burn down something important. but it may work…

or it could be that the shape of the correspondence in the light will cause the sigil to etch itself into the surface of thatever it is you’re shining it upon.
edited by Addis Rook on 6/29/2016[/quote] My bet is on warping reality. Given that the native tongue in which the Correspondence is spoken is, most likely the light emitted by the Judgements, literal laws made tangible, I would think that writing the Correspondence in light would have similar effects.

[quote=Arensen][quote=Addis Rook]
that’s likely to either end up warping reality in an unpleasant way or burn down something important. but it may work…

or it could be that the shape of the correspondence in the light will cause the sigil to etch itself into the surface of whatever it is you’re shining it upon.[/quote] My bet is on warping reality. Given that the native tongue in which the Correspondence is spoken is, most likely the light emitted by the Judgements, literal laws made tangible, I would think that writing the Correspondence in light would have similar effects.[/quote]
^ This makes sense to me.
Just be careful which phrase you choose, then. :-p

Oh, an addition - the Correspondence doesn’t necessarily have to be in written format. One of the things you can do in the Empress’ Court is compose &quotsomewhat challenging music&quot:
[spoiler]&quotYour symphony is complete! The Correspondence is not meant for human voices. Neither is it meant for musical instruments, but that’s not going to stop you.

[i]Getting the instruments properly tuned was difficult, but it wasn’t as hard as acquiring the glass drums that your piece requires. Where did you read about those? No matter. The courtiers are bewildered by the bassoon players dangling from the ceiling and your seven one-eyed xylophonists.

And you begin. To describe this piece as challenging is a vast understatement. You have spare musicians ready to replace those who start smouldering or flee screaming into the garden. The audience bursts into a cacophony of shrieks and recriminations that counterpoints your second movement nicely. You have barely played through two of the Correspondence symbols before the audience rushes the stage to smash instruments and musicians alike. You are soundly beaten by the mob, but you notice {NAME REDACTED} before all goes black. She is tapping her foot happily, and her expression is wistful. As if she recognises the tune.&quot[/i][/spoiler]