I mean weasels are cool I guess

That was about my response as well

For a moment, I thought I read &quotstreets of the Filth City&quot …

…Conservatively, there’s at least 7 tons of frolicking weasel mass cavorting about London right now. Where were we KEEPING them before now? And a related question: what is the ventilation situation in the Neath at the moment? Whatever it is, it is not enough…

It says a lot about the quality of the writing and scene building in FL that even in Chris’s little vignette about weasels, the details are right.

It turns out that Beggar My Neighbor and Squeak Piggy Squeak are real period games. Wikipedia has entries about both: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beggar-my-neighbour
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Squeak_Piggy_Squeak

The Mayor probably released them as the result of a bet. Or maybe a series of escalating dares.

These echoes were going to go toward an orphanage, but I think the weasels of London need a home more than the orphans…

I beg your pardon?!

I have to ask: Does being a weaseller at all interact with Pop Goes The Weasel/Plagued by a Popular Song?

As it happens, my grandfather was a great lover of games, and I remember him teaching us Beggar-my-Neighbour when I was a child. Never seemed to end well, that game.

[quote=Barse]An extremely welcome piece of silliness to find in my deck!
edited by Barse on 10/20/2017[/quote]

OK, hold up - how do you have TWO of St. Destin’s Candle?

The Mayor probably released them as the result of a bet. Or maybe a series of escalating dares.[/quote]
Recently released statement from the mayor, &quotI was bored, and they are cute. Additionally they when trained can form quite a good acapella group. First person(s) to manage the weasels into doing an impressive rendition of (TBD) song whens a moment reprieve on Allhallows eve. Note weasels who do this on their own are eligible for this as well, and will become the official mayoral mascot in addition to the reprieve.&quot

Honestly I could see either of those resulting in that.

I was so happy to do this. I love my little bestial minions, and it’s nice to see more storylets that show that, while they are beasts with their own habits and attitudes, down here in the neath they on occasion act like people. And play a mean game of charades.

Weaseller is the only quality I allowed to replace the Shepherd of Souls in my mantel!
They make me happy, pure and simple.

They are weasels, after all–slender and energetic. I bet the ones that have never died before scamper between the Neath and the Surface on a regular basis. :-)

[quote=Catherine Raymond]They are weasels, after all–slender and energetic. I bet the ones that have never died before scamper between the Neath and the Surface on a regular basis. :-)[/quote]But living in the Neath for any significant amount of time makes a return to the Surface impossible, regardless of whether one has died. Are you suggesting that weasels are, by their nature, above the rule of Law? That they can simply shrug off the will of the Judgments? That their physiology is inherently resistant to the power of those higher up the Chain?? …Actually that does make a lot of sense.
edited by The Dark Gentleman on 10/23/2017

Judgemental Law is particularly vulnerable to weasel words.

A new and proud member of the youngest exclusive club in the Neath here.

Never again shall a weasel in my custody be exposed to a bifurcated strigian menace. Never again shall a weasel be fed to a plant on my watch. Never again shall a half-stoat be left to harass my weasels with impunity.
So do I solemnly swear, that I may never go without faithful mustelid company again.

FL Team, kudos for all you do for us. Can’t imagine the care being any better. Thank you for brightening my days, over and over again!
edited by Aardvark on 10/23/2017

“A good time is had by all” … this is my favorite text (well, the stuff that comes immediately after it, that is) in all of Fallen London! Thank you Chris!!

reads newspaper about spreading weasel hording

&quot…&quot

&quot… Well. If I can’t get 7 of the… hmm… I guess I could settle for a different animal…&quot

Thank you so much for this lunatic piece of frivolity, I adore my weasel horde :D