I can name pets!

I am quite pleased with the names my pets are now sporting! In no particular order, they are:
Dwindle, Dazed Raven Advisor;
Fidelia Delamore, Alluring Accomplice;
Thrumpington Sneakles, Disgraced Rattus Faber Bandit-Chief;
Cuthbert Phineas St John Morehead, Devious Henchman; and
Heathcliff, Sulky Bat.

Fitting, I think.

After a while, I followed the advice from Oliver Twist: my pets are called Azeem, Bruce, Cornelius, Deiphobus and Enzo XD Full description on my LJ: http://streetfelineblu.livejournal.com/2182.html

I named my Bifurcated Owl “Penemue.” Penemue was one of the watchers of Enoch, the angels that rebelled against God. He was known for curing ignorance by pointing out the secrets in wisdom, and introducing men and women to writing that harmed them. The name literally translates to “the inside.” It seemed both fitting and disturbing for such an abominable horror.

My albino rat is named Phoebe, because she looks like a Phoebe to me.

My Shadowy Hound shall be named Phydeoux, once he is recovered from the aftermath of Penemue’s creation.

ooh, I really want a Bifurcated Owl, but I’m not far enough in the story to get it, when I get one, I’ll name it Arkimedes, after the owl in a “A sword in the stone” form Disney, my idol.

My bifurcated owl is now named Ethel, after the heckle I got on my first attempt at exceedingly-ill-advised Wednesday night stand-up.

[quote=Dave ]My albino rat is named Phoebe, because she looks like a Phoebe to me.
[/quote]

My goodness, you’re absolutely right! The albino rat does look just like a Phoebe! Hope you don’t mind if I use the name too.

I realize that my circle of non-human acquaintances is hardly as extensive as some on these forums. However, for your delight and edification, I shall share the names I have bestowed upon them:

Bernard - Working Rat
Mack the Knife - Devious Henchman
Khan the Unkillable - Disgraced Rattus Faber Bandit-Chief
Kiki - Lucky Weasel
Phage - Reprehensible Lizard
The Vake - Sulky Bat
Rikki-Tikki-Tavi - Araby Fighting-Weasel
Scabbers - Talkative Rattus Faber

And all of you who have made it your life’s ambition to hunt my Sulky Bat, I must ask you to stop this nonsense immediately.

Are we sharing names, then? I’ve compiled a registry of my own animal companions –

http://theodor-gylden.dreamwidth.org/13923.html

My own Bifurcated companion is called Yudkowsky, for reasons that I swear seemed to make sense at the time.

The goldfish is, of course, Mr. Bubbles.

so far I’ve named:

Myself (OneHitPoint, was the name I was giving all my game avatars when I started playing)
Adopted-ish Daughter (Cherry Tapper, considering my own name, what else could hers be?)
Cardsharp Monkey (Maverick, Luck is the Lady that he loves the best…)
Alluring Accomplice (Honi Von Trapp)
Talkative Rattus Faber (Mr Tragedy, current crackpot theory as to what Eaten’s Name used to be.)
Bandaged Raven (Huginn, on account that my next named pet is)
Dazed Raven Advisor (Muginn, his other half)
Hound of Heaven (Samael, my MegaTen games tell me this name means ‘Poison of God’)
Araby Fighting Weasel (Fungusaur, M:tG creature that got stronger every turn it took damage but survived. Fun note, one Playstation game has the NSFW option to [color=rgb(255, 255, 204)]allow a fungusaur to stick a tube down your throat and release spores into your lungs. [/color]You have been warned.

After some consideration I named my sorrow-spider Master Jervie. Oh, but the name fits him so.

My Lucky Weasel is named Alonzo (Allons-y, Alonzo!), my Deshrieked Mandrake is named Caruso, my goldfish is named Buddy (link), and my Reprehensible Lizard, well… he’s named after my boss.

…I don’t think my boss would be offended.

I named my cheerful goldfish Littlebottom. Makes me happy, you can never go wrong with a Terry Pratchett reference.

In the “bad pun” department I have named my Racing Slug of Fine Pedigree “Slime Shady” - but frankly given [color=00ffff]what we name race horses[/color] it isn’t that bad.