I am Free of The Name and Seeking Mr. Eaten's Name

Is this a bug? I just drew Ace of Hungers and started seeking despite being free of the name.

Mr. Eaten better watch out, I’m free of his name and on his trail.

[quote=Harlocke]Is this a bug? I just drew Ace of Hungers and started seeking despite being free of the name.

Mr. Eaten better watch out, I’m free of his name and on his trail.[/quote]
Not a real bug, just the fact that unaccountably peckish is a menace that has no SMEN requirement. still, probably not supposed to happen.

[quote=Harlocke]Is this a bug? I just drew Ace of Hungers and started seeking despite being free of the name.

Mr. Eaten better watch out, I’m free of his name and on his trail.[/quote]
Y’know, I’m actually really glad to hear this, as it answers some of the worries I had mentioned in another thread. :-)
It’s good to know I didn’t unintentionally lock myself out of the SMEN content in any permanent fashion.

wipes brow

I’m w. you Kittenpox.

I imagine that all means to start Seeking the Name will lock with Freed of the Name once the limited time only offer vanishes.

Edit: Fixed bad grammar.
edited by Erika on 6/13/2016

Are your Free of the Name or Freed From the Name? I think those are two different qualities.

I believe the quality got renamed? But I could be wrong, A Bad End now gives Freed of the Name anyways.

Freed from the name. I put it on my scrapbook, if you want to check out which one it is.

If that were the case, the text on ‘FOR A LIMITED TIME ONLY…’ is ambiguous at best - especially as it removes all Unaccountably Peckish, meaning that you can’t immediately begin trying to SMEN.
My own decision-making for that was based upon the action reading (in part) &quotThis is for players who might want to experience the whole storyline again with new content&quot, which implied that the action couldn’t prevent me from Seeking. Also because if [A Bad End] is used, a separate quality (for those wanting to permanently remove SMEN) would be required.

(I’m not expecting you to have the answers for this, of course. Just explaining my approach and reasoning in regards to the topic. ^_^ )

Edit: I hadn’t read Passionario’s comment while typing this. I may have done goofed, or this may have clarified things. (Could go either way.)
edited by Kittenpox on 6/12/2016

I can’t speak for others, but you may have a point there.
In the ‘Myself’ tab, under Qualities -> Accomplishments, is the quality:

[quote]Freed from the Name
You were wise enough to turn away from a terrible madness.[/quote]

I shall second Kittenpox, in this I follow his lead, my quality is exactly the same. Not sure a second data point is useful though…

I have Seeking 8 and Freed from the Name as well, clearly nothing bad can come of this. I noticed the “clear start” option when I had already started to progress, and didn’t want to nullify that. I guess if worst comes to worst we’ll all just cry like little babies for support to come save us.

That’s pretty much my plan, if/when the time comes. :-p