How to go from black ribbon to the labyrnth

Hello. I have been working on my dangerous skills recently by dueling black ribbon members. I have successfully dueled Feducci and some others (not all), going up to 5 in my &quota fearsome Duelist&quot and 5 in &quota name scrawled in blood&quot.

That being said, despite having a route to the labyrinth of tigers and finished Feducci as mentioned above, I cannot seem to have access to the labyrinth activities (only the shop is available).

As far as I have understood, I must receive a proposition from Mr Inch to go forward, but it requires &quota name scrawled in blood&quot to 6 apparently. What am I missing to get that ? Should I duel more black ribbon members ? Should I &quotget into other fights&quot instead ? Or should I do something completely different to unlock the labyrinth activities ?

Im pretty sure you need to hunt some beasts in the wolfstack docks and get the quality you get from doing this to 5 now.

That’s what I understood too.

But to hunt beasts for the labyrinth, I must first have had the proposition from Mr Inch (I’m talking about that: http://fallenlondon.wikia.com/wiki/A_proposition_from_an_acquaintance ). And this is precisely what I am trying to get, and which requires “a name scrawled in blood” to 6… which I have no idea how to get.

[quote=iocaste]That’s what I understood too.

But to hunt beasts for the labyrinth, I must first have had the proposition from Mr Inch (I’m talking about that: http://fallenlondon.wikia.com/wiki/A_proposition_from_an_acquaintance ). And this is precisely what I am trying to get, and which requires &quota name scrawled in blood&quot to 6… which I have no idea how to get.[/quote]
As I researched this some time ago so I’d be ready to get my requirements for the Monster Hunter profession, I remember reading you need to raise A Fearsome Duellist to 5. Think you’ll be redirected after that.
Good luck!
EDIT: Aha, found it!
edited by Skinnyman on 5/10/2016

Don’t you also need to raise “duelling the black ribbon” as well as “fearsome duellist”?

Mmmh, okay. I will try to beat one of them to see if it does not unlock the new stories.

Thanks for sharing the link by the way. I have read a lot of pages, but yours was not among them, unfortunately !

I have 5 to &quotduelling the black ribbon&quot too actually. Which is part of the reasons why I did not understand why I cannot go any further, since everything seemed good to me.

I have 5 to &quotduelling the black ribbon&quot too actually. Which is part of the reasons why I did not understand why I cannot go any further, since everything seemed good to me.[/quote]
That’s required to be able to start increasing A Fearsome Duellist quality.

I checked my own values for both, and though I have fearsome duellist at 5, “duelling the black ribbon” is 6. That was why I wondered if that made the difference.

If I remember right, Duelling the Black Ribbon tracks progress through the story until you can actually duel, but can optionally increase from there if you choose to kill Captain Vendrick.

I just recently went through this part myself and got to the right point with no trouble, so I’m trying to remember the exact sequence.

You have to get &quotFearsome Duellist&quot up to 5, but I think the other requirement is that you must choose and win at least one duel to the true death - which does not actually mean you have to end up killing anyone. In general, I think true death takes a backseat to later plot requirements.

It is possible at the least to win a duel with Chi Lan without killing her, and without &quotcheating&quot with a message from the dead. I believe I read elsewhere here that you can also duel Feducci to the death and he’ll pop right back up again looking fine.

Edit: You might also have to carry out Feducci’s order to deal with the Black Ribbon member who deserted to the Drownies. There are at least a couple ways to resolve that one.

Once that’s done, you should clearly know - there’s a resolution where the other duellists all welcome you to the circle, drink your health, you get another chance to choose the source of your fighting skills, and then after that the proposal from Mr. Inch should appear. You don’t actually need the route to the Labyrinth for that - I still don’t have one.
edited by cliftonr on 5/10/2016

You should get the Route for free after capturing beasts and advancing to A Name Scrawled in Blood 7.

What’s in the Labyrinth, anyways? Is there a point?

There’s various things; notable permanent unlocks include trading for Whispered Hints with Alexis I mean the Tiger-Keeper and the Theological Husbandry beast-breeding.

If you want to avoid becoming a &quotBringer of Death&quot, that killer duel needs to be with Feducci.

If you want to avoid becoming a &quotBringer of Death&quot, that killer duel needs to be with Feducci.[/quote]

No, I actually passed without becoming a &quotBringer of Death&quot by dueling Chi Lan. She also survives and Feducci awards you the duel on points. That’s enough to do it.

(Then I blew it later by killing S___ E_____ in the Trade of Souls because I mistakenly thought it would be necessary to align with the Shepherds.)

people mention things in trade of souls, that while I have my watch, I’ve never seen… I’m more then slightly tempted to pay to reset it and try again.

I keep saying to myself that I’ll make a wiki account for the messages there, but, until then, I’m leaving anonymous comments.
Think I should mention here that dueling Feducci won’t take you from level 3 directly to level 5 as someone posted in a comment on Wiki.

Care to send a PM with extra details? Soul Trading is next on my list.

The initial part of the story features investigating someone; one possible choice is to remove them from the equation.