How to continue the aunt story

So, I bought the fate-locked aunt storyline so she could accompany me to the Stag’s festival this month. I gave her the various things she asked for, until she ran into difficulties on the surface. That’s the last I heard of her. I haven’t drawn any more aunt cards in a few days.

Do I have to go somewhere in London to continue this story? Or do I need to draw another aunt card and I’m just having back luck with the RNG?

IIRC that sounds like the RNG hating on you. You know, like they do.

Have you checked the Aunt requirement on the Stag story? I have a feeling it applies to the very beginning of the aunt story.

I’m currently doing the Aunt story so I can answer this with the uttermost assurance.

The next card you’re waiting for is unlocked with Inconvenienced by Your Aunt 10, bronze and standard frequency. None of the Aunt cards, on the fate side of things, have requirements other than increasing levels of Inconvenienced by Your Aunt.

Yes. Except he bought the Fate-locked portion specifically for the Stags story. And the requirement, unless memory deserts me here, is for Inconvenienced by your Aunt 1 or 2. So 10 won’t do it.

There are two ways in which you can unlock the Aunt version of the Stags story, the first requires Aunt 1 or 2 and the second requires Aunt 12+. I myself did the Aunt option with Hark despite having sold my Aunt to Mr Huffman long, long ago.

[quote=Cecil ]I’m currently doing the Aunt story so I can answer this with the uttermost assurance.

The next card you’re waiting for is unlocked with Inconvenienced by Your Aunt 10, bronze and standard frequency. None of the Aunt cards, on the fate side of things, have requirements other than increasing levels of Inconvenienced by Your Aunt.[/quote]

I have Aunt 10, so I guess it’s just a matter of waiting for the card now. Hopefully before the end of the month. I’d hate to have to enjoy the Stags’ festival without her. I even joined the Stags specifically to get the most of this story.

Does it matter where you are in London when you draw cards? Do some cards not appear in different parts of the city? I’m wondering whether it matters if I hang out in my lodgings or wander elsewhere.

I don’t know that it matters for the Aunt, but it might. Your location does indeed effect the cards you draw, so it’s possible. I think I drew the final card in my Lodgings, but I might be mis-rembering, damn Irrigo, I must’ve run across a spot of it somewhere.

I guess I’ll hang out in my lodgings every time I draw cards. Unless being in my lodgings is what’s stopping me from drawing her. Argh.

I checked the text of the last card I got. It said she would be joining me &quotwithin the week.&quot I don’t suppose that’s a week of real time? Do some cards work on a timer? This RNG is insane. I used to draw aunt cards all the time, as much as once every four or five, now nothing at all for days.

Timed living stories used to fulfill a similar functionality but have been retired. There’s no longer any exact timing, just good or bad luck drawing cards. Given how many cards are in the deck, it’s very possible that the card is entirely drawable but simply has not appeared.[li]

Also while I do know of some location-specific cards I have never heard of cards being excluded from specific locations. London story-related cards are rarely restricted by location anyways, especially those unlocked through fate.
edited by Optimatum on 4/14/2016

I’ve drawn this card twice since my last post, both times in my Lodgings, still bronze and standard frequency and unlocked with Inconvenienced by Your Aunt 10, no living story between levels 9 and 10.

It won’t be location specific either, as Optimatum said, it’s unlikely to be locked by location. I’ve played through every piece of fate content and nothing has had location specific cards in London, except for SFiG and The Skin of the Bazaar, and that’s epilogue content.