how to add spoile tags ?

a stupid question. how do i add spoiler tags ?

I just had to look it up to find out! put [spoiler] and [/spoiler] (without the *'s) around the text you want to hide.

that doesnt seem to work

ok it works. it seems the spoiler tag isnt working with the &quotpreview&quot button

Putting more than one of them in the same post doesn’t work.

And they don’t work at all if you’re reading the forum on a mobile device.

Also, unfortunately, you can only use one spoiler box per post. That includes spoiler boxes in quoted text.

I know nothing about iThingies, but on Android you can make Chrome to show you the desktop version of a page by clicking the Settings dots in the upper right and checking the 'Request desktop site&quot box. This setting does persist after you close and reopen the tab. Voila, no more mobile-only weirdness.

the spoiler tags works well in mobiles for me. the thing is the spoiler isnt showing when using the “preview” button when making a post

[quote=PJ]Putting more than one of them in the same post doesn’t work.

And they don’t work at all if you’re reading the forum on a mobile device.

Only one spoiler tag can work in a message. The forum software doesn’t support multiple such tags.

ok it works. it seems the spoiler tag isnt working with the &quotpreview&quot button[/quote]

That’s right. Which means you have to actually post and, if the spoiler tags aren’t doing the right thing, quickly delete the post (I did that a number of times before I learned how to use spoiler tags correctly here).

By the way, the “edit” function for Forum posts does not seem to be available, for some reason.

It appears that the lack of “edit” function is only associated with this topic, too.

Nope, I can edit just fine. The issue is you seemingly double-clicked the post button while writing a post, so the (rather buggy) forum software posted it as one long string of character codes, and then thinking it’s all one word is stretching the page so the edit buttons and such are way offscreen to the right. That’s also why lines aren’t wrapping around; the forum software stretches all the posts to match the longest one.
edited by Optimatum on 8/30/2016

You are certainly right, Optimatum, but since I can’t edit or delete my post, I can’t fix the problem! Perhaps a kindly Administrator can do so.

I have vanquished the corrupted post.

Thanks, Sara. Sorry for the inconvenience.