How many storylets?

I’m about 4/5ths done with a world, and wanted to get a sense of how many storylets/cards other creators are using in theirs. Just out of curiosity.

It’s just the first part of the world, but… One main story (on multiple cards, but it could just as easily be done on branches of two cards), one pinned storylet, one pinned storylet planned out that I need to get into the game, four Sometimes cards (more planned, although I occasionally think I should just ditch them all because the bit I’m working on is really just the first part and serves to get players to dealing with the rest of the story), and a couple of “this allows your character to move around/trade items” cards.

L&c,
F

@Alex: I think we’d need to know how big your world is supposed to be! Otherwise it’s not a super useful comparison on our end. :)

(That said: Zero Summer has something like 200 right now.)

Oh right! I have about 65 right now, and should probably be finished at around 80 or 90. I think.

[color=#009900]Get yer hot stats fresh from the Failbetter database:[/color]
[color=#009900]
[/color]

[color=#009900]786 worlds have between 1 and 4 storylets[/color]
[color=#009900]168 have between 5 and 25[/color]
[color=#009900]29 have between 26 and 49[/color]
[color=#009900]10 have between 50 and 99[/color]
[color=#009900]1 has more than 100 (although a second has been hovering around 97 for some weeks)[/color]

[color=#009900]
[/color]
[color=#009900]For reference, Cabinet Noir has north of 60, Fallen London has almost exactly 3000. 80 or 90 is a ver respectably sized world, though not an epic one.[/color]
[color=#009900]
[/color]
[color=#009900]In the near future, we’ll have some data about which of these worlds consider themselves in progress vs playable vs polished[/color]

[color=#009900]With Gordon’s post, I’m not giving anything away if I say that if you want to build a good-sized world, a co-creator or team is incredibly helpful. Do mail us at support@storynexus.com if you want to add an editor to your world (until we add the ability to do it directly!)[/color]

Mmm… delicious statistics… Thanks, Alexis!