How is Free Of The Name supposed to work?

Okay, so while I have no desire to Seek, I am willing to entertain people who wish to backstab me on the subject. Problem is I’ve also been thinking of getting Free of The Name.

Problem is, I’m not sure how it’s SUPPOSED to work.

Right now, it seems that if you have it you can be betrayed. But is that supposed to be the case? i know there are some sucesses that remove it so I THINK it’s intentional, but I have no idea.

One way or another I would like to know on the matter once and for all how this wuality is supposed to work.

I am both Freed Of The Name and Seeking Mr Eaten’s Name (thanks to a dream I had) so I would suspect it’s not working as intended yet.

In Old SMEN it prevented restarting Seeking, but to give people who opted out the chance to reconsider the new version, it no longer does anything. Will it someday begin to do something once more? Who knows.

I think a possibility is that it will block out people from being betrayed, so you can’t ask someone to get betrayed and then give up the search and then get betrayed again.

[quote=Koh Kai Ying]I think a possibility is that it will block out people from being betrayed, so you can’t ask someone to get betrayed and then give up the search and then get betrayed again.[/quote]I can confirm that this is NOT how it’s working, or at least as of a few days ago, A Bad End allows you to accept another betrayal.
edited by an_ocelot on 6/27/2016

[quote=an_ocelot][quote=Koh Kai Ying]I think a possibility is that it will block out people from being betrayed, so you can’t ask someone to get betrayed and then give up the search and then get betrayed again.[/quote]I can confirm that this is NOT how it’s working, or at least as of a few days ago, A Bad End allows you to accept another betrayal.
edited by an_ocelot on 6/27/2016[/quote]

Good news then. I guess I can be betrayal fodder for people!

Okay yeah, definitely not working as intended. My main now has Freed of the Name and A Bad End, with SMEN 3. Due to drawing An Alphabet of Scars again despite being Freed of the Name.
Edit: lol, &quotFreed from the Name&quot is an incremental quality. I now have 1 level and 1 cp of it. Gonna see if I can grind it up to 2.
edited by Ian Hart on 6/27/2016
edited by Ian Hart on 6/27/2016

Ah ha, success! Freed of the Name 2
http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Antifinity

[quote=Ian Hart]Ah ha, success! Freed of the Name 2
http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Antifinity[/quote]

You should get it up to 7!