How can Blue Scintillack be unequipped?

I betrayed a bevy of cuddly rodents so terribly to get my Lump of Blue Scintillack, but it’s now appearing only in the row of boxes on the battle bar. It couldn’t have been me who stowed it there, as I need to give it to the curator, but if it was the action of one of my officers, would there be a way to sink whomever it was into the nearest maelstorm?
(I may have just missed some essential way to move things around, but the controls are really counter intuitive for me and it doesn’t come out by dragging or right-clicking, unlike the engine parts. I know I didn’t touch it and now it’s just there, unusable.) [li]

There is a bug, on the battle bar it’s said you will not consume blue scintillack if you use it, but indeed you will, they’re working on that and will be corrected. You have to farm another one in the Iron Republic… i am sorry :(

ah, woeful day >:[ More than ever I regret my cruelty![li]
Is it going to be fixed, though? If I go to the iron republic, I’d hate to have another chunk of scintillack also slung into my engines. (I assume people have completed this quest)

As far as I can see it should also be in your curiosities.
Also the only way it gets used is if you click on it during battle. By the way I had a &quotghost&quot Blue Scintillack in my combat bar after I gave mine to the Curator.

Also there is another place to get them. Take plenty of candles into the Wisp Ways and if you are lucky you can get some very nice loot, possible rewards are Blue Scintillack; a Searing Enigma or a Captivating Treasure. I must admit that Eoliths and Solace Fruit are more likely though.
edited by reveurciel on 11/26/2014

It isn’t, though it did appear when I first got it. [li]
Are the wisp ways a separate island?

[quote=fortluna]It isn’t, though it did appear when I first got it.
Are the wisp ways a separate island?[/quote]

The Wisp Ways are not a separate island - they are behind the Mangrove College in the Sea of Autumn. It takes a supply and probably between 4 and 8 candles per trip. The number of candles is very variable though as it is a completely random route.

Now I’ve got my stats up a bit and as Apis Meet, near Adam’s Way, is not far away in this game I’m spending a fair bit of time exploring them. Some of the challenges are a bit tough and getting Wounds, losing crew and raising terror can cut into the profits.

Well, it happened to me in the wisp ways, but i started thinking i’ve imagined it, since it’s happened just once and i’ve donte the event several time (100+ candles i think…) and get “only” Searing Enigma and Treasures… nice to know!

[quote=lady ciel ]Also the only way it gets used is if you click on it during battle. By the way I had a &quotghost&quot Blue Scintillack in my combat bar after I gave mine to the Curator.
[/quote]
Ah-ha. So THAT is why I can click on it all I like without anything happening. Now I feel enlightened.
[li]

It seems all the additional use items (Strange Catch, that Light thingy I can’t remember the name of atm), once they go on your hotbar, they never leave, regardless of how much quantity you have on board.