How and when do I get my d___ soul back?

Something strange has happened to me. I feel… kind of empty, in a generally nondescript way. It started when a devil visited me recently. Usually I send those bastards packing, but that night I was tired, and some strange and mysterious outside force caused me to invite the fellow in rather than send him on his merry way!

I… I think he must have taken my d___ soul, the b____!

…and they didn’t even pay me well for the thing…

[To put it plainly - I was tired and miss-clicked…]

I’d like to get my soul back, please. I know it’s possible. I’ve had chats with the vicar, I know it can be done. But beating up spirifers doesn’t seem to do much good (my knuckles hurt tho), and while I have an impressive stash of OTHER souls, I’m kind of looking for just one.

Can someone help a fellow Londoner out and tell me how do I get my d___ed soul back? Or when? Or how and when?

You can get your Soul back either with Fate or with a certain Bundle of Oddities value. The best bet for the latter is “the student body” in the University (if you aren’t already finished with it), and One’s Public. Surprise Packages can also return your soul, but the range is very large so it could take a long while. Still, the more options the better.

Here are a couple other threads on the subject you might find useful.

I know I can get it for Fate, but… I haven’t seen that option ever pop up. That’s why I asked “when”, not only “how”.

I’m not an Important Person yet (let alone of some importance)… if this is something that will pop up later, great - that’s what I wanted to know.

Also, I have gotten an invitation to the university but since I’m not a Scholar of the Correspondence, this option remains locked for the time being…

You know, while we are here, do you need to pay fate to reclaim your soul each time, or is it a one time cost?

Kylestien - If you don’t get it back in a bundle of oddities you have to pay fate to reclaim your soul every time you lose or sell it.

Ted E. Bear - the card will turn up eventually but it might take some time.

I did a little bit of wiki searching and there are not many bundles that give the 200 or over value that might contain your soul. If you haven’t dealt with rats in your lodgings there is a possibility that you might be able get it back from them; Trading favours with urchins in the Flit (card in the Flit) or trading 4th city rags or black felt garments (card in Wolfstack Docks) are other possible sources.
edited by reveurciel on 3/12/2015

After several(?) hundred “Fun with the Fisher-Kings” -> “Join in their ‘games’” in the Flit I found my soul in a Bundle of Oddities. I got two nasty surprises in all the Fishing, too. But having my soul back is worth it!

That doesn’t work anymore, they removed the soul from that range since people were repeatedly selling their soul for ludicrous money. It’s at 200 now.

That doesn’t work anymore, they removed the soul from that range since people were repeatedly selling their soul for ludicrous money. It’s at 200 now.[/quote]

[li]
Oh! Then it’s a good thing I got my soul back when I did! It was only a few months back.

[quote=Ted E. Bear]I know I can get it for Fate, but… I haven’t seen that option ever pop up. That’s why I asked &quotwhen&quot, not only &quothow&quot.

I’m not an Important Person yet (let alone of some importance)… if this is something that will pop up later, great - that’s what I wanted to know.

Also, I have gotten an invitation to the university but since I’m not a Scholar of the Correspondence, this option remains locked for the time being…[/quote]

Ah, right. The card &quotWhere’s my Soul?&quot has Unusual Frequency, so it can be a little rare at times. It will turn up eventually, however.

Also, you do have to spend Fate each time you want your soul back by that method, and I believe the Fate cost goes up by 1 each time you do.

Just tossin’ this out there, but… your soul: do you really miss it? Being soulless is like walking on sunshine – which, in the Neath, is really saying something!