Horrible lag

Is it just me, or is Fallen London now extremely laggy for everyone? It’s virtually unplayable right now, as I am writing this post while waiting for a Bundle of Oddities to load. Actually, I had to close down my browser and restart it again for that Bundle to load, and now I’m waiting again for the contents to be displayed. (I tried reloading just the page, but seemed to get stuck in some kind of CPU-intensive activity that usually means a crash.)

In the inventory I always have to wait for seconds before it changes my equipment, and sometimes I have to click again. And sometimes when I click again it changes and then changes back, because apparently the game did notice my clicks, it just didn’t do anything about them for several seconds. It didn’t use to be like that. Is the hosting service failing? Are the servers being overloaded by Fallen London activities, and the hosting service decided to cut bandwidth to Fallen London? I’d sure like to know.

I had problems over the weekend when the server went mental. But fine now. Perhaps bug report it, in case they don’t spot this?

Edit: I lie. It is slower. Seems to be coming and going, for me.
edited by babelfishwars on 12/11/2013

It’s slow for me too right now.

Having the same problem. Ive tested it on three different computers, its not my browser.

Ah, I thought I was the only one. Guess there are some Rattus Fabers messing up the servers. By the way, the lag affects Zero Summer and Silver Tree as well.

Oh good,its not just me. Tried on a laptop,phone and tablet,finally lost patience and quit. I’ve been trying to get out of the royal beth all day.

Uhm, dunno, I didn’t experience any lag.

It seems to have improved a lot since this morning when, like you, I found it unplayable.

I had it last night, it was bad. Much better now.

[quote=Gillsing]Is it just me, or is Fallen London now extremely laggy for everyone? It’s virtually unplayable right now, as I am writing this post while waiting for a Bundle of Oddities to load. Actually, I had to close down my browser and restart it again for that Bundle to load, and now I’m waiting again for the contents to be displayed. (I tried reloading just the page, but seemed to get stuck in some kind of CPU-intensive activity that usually means a crash.)

In the inventory I always have to wait for seconds before it changes my equipment, and sometimes I have to click again. And sometimes when I click again it changes and then changes back, because apparently the game did notice my clicks, it just didn’t do anything about them for several seconds. It didn’t use to be like that. Is the hosting service failing? Are the servers being overloaded by Fallen London activities, and the hosting service decided to cut bandwidth to Fallen London? I’d sure like to know.[/quote]

It’s varied a lot for me–sometimes it’s laggy, sometimes it isn’t–but there’s been more laggy periods for me than usual in the last 48 hours or so.

Thanks to everyone reporting their lag issues.

[quote=Gillsing]In the inventory I always have to wait for seconds before it changes my equipment, and sometimes I have to click again. And sometimes when I click again it changes and then changes back, because apparently the game did notice my clicks, it just didn’t do anything about them for several seconds.[/quote]It was a pleasant surprise to see that the new inventory addresses this particular concern, as it now greys out all the items for a given slot as a sign that, yes, the game has indeed noticed that I clicked to equip something. I also like the grey areas behind the numbers for items, as I can now read how many Confident Smiles and Whispered Secrets and Silk Scraps I have. The smaller images for equipment that’s not currently equipped is a mixed blessing. It does make it a bit harder to find the right item, but at least it won’t put entire rows of items next to the ‘wrong’ equipment slot. (Or so I assume. With the smaller images only my pets require two rows right now.) Good job on killing the lag monster too.

All in all, thanks for a great update! :)