Hindering My Rival in the Gallery of Serpents

Recently I’ve chosen to repeat the Gallery of Serpents expedition in hopes of promising rewards, but my Rival’s Progress has already reached 6 while my own progress has only reached 13. I know that I can receive help on the expedition from a certain serpentine individual, but I’d prefer to have his assistance as a last resort. So, are there any ways to hinder his progress otherwise and what materials do I require to put his expedition to a stand-still should his progress reach 10 and I have to confront him?
edited by Sir Joseph Marlen on 8/15/2015

You can hinder his way, if the opportunity presents itself, with honey and compromising documents, if I recall correctly. It is very inefficient. The actual confrontation is demanding of your stats, takes ten supplies, and I don’t recall if it requires anything else.

Considering how much further you have to go, I’d not bother hindering him - you will almost certainly not have enough opportunities to stop him from reaching the gallery first, and if you fail to stop him then all the hindrance will count for nothing. Either make a deal with the serpentine individual, or else bet on pulling off the confrontation.

[quote=RandomWalker]You can hinder his way, if the opportunity presents itself, with honey and compromising documents, if I recall correctly. It is very inefficient. The actual confrontation is demanding of your stats, takes ten supplies, and I don’t recall if it requires anything else.

Considering how much further you have to go, I’d not bother hindering him - you will almost certainly not have enough opportunities to stop him from reaching the gallery first, and if you fail to stop him then all the hindrance will count for nothing. Either make a deal with the serpentine individual, or else bet on pulling off the confrontation.[/quote]

I got through the confrontation by burning Sudden Insights and hitting &quotPerhaps Not&quot until I got a success. If you need a few chess games, I’m in between stories at the moment.

This is spoilerish but regarding the gentleman

you can betray them if you want, later down the line.

You may also be interested in increasing progress by more than one at a time? If you can?

[quote=Cecil Palmer]This is spoilerish but regarding the gentleman

you can betray them if you want, later down the line.

You may also be interested in increasing progress by more than one at a time? If you can?[/quote]
I’ve already completed my expedition, but I plan on going straight back in as soon as I can gather up the supplies. Is there any consequence in doing the above mentioned?

There’s a stat check that I haven’t failed so I can’t say what the consequences are. It costs an extraordinary implication, but means that you get the benefit of three questions at the gallery. It is also the reason my steadfast went down from about seventeen to zero (I did it a lot of times).

It decreases steadfast? Huh. It costs two, not one, extraordinary implications and it’s a high shadowy challenge.

My mistake: the number of EIs required is equal to the number of times that you accept his help (max limit three). I should have been clearer.