Help With Starting Up Game

So I’ve never had a problem starting this game before but I took a break for about a month or so and now when I try to start up the game I get this?

What does this mean? What is Direct3D? Do I really have to install that or is this a bug? Sorry if the answer is stupidly obvious i’m dumb with computer talk

You might try uninstalling and reinstalling; I had to do that after the last update and now can run the game fine again. (I’m on Mac, so I likely had a different error, but it can’t hurt.)

Alright, i’ll try that, thanks!

Alright, i’ll try that, thanks![/quote]

Alright, I tried reinstalling, didn’t work :(

You should probably contact Failbetter support. Some people being unable to launch the game is a fairly major bug that they ought to know about.

i’m not 100% saying that this is your case, but that error tends to indicate a problem on the user’s side. A videocard not installed properly, lacking drivers, dying, etc. It’s often seen when you try to run several video-intensive things at once and they compete for resources

ensure things are good on your end, try running other games with fancy graphics, and update directx

[quote=Nanako]i’m not 100% saying that this is your case, but that error tends to indicate a problem on the user’s side. A videocard not installed properly, lacking drivers, dying, etc. It’s often seen when you try to run several video-intensive things at once and they compete for resources

ensure things are good on your end, try running other games with fancy graphics, and update directx[/quote]

I guess, I haven’t had any trouble with this game before though, and haven’t changed anything on my computer lately, also i’m pretty sure like the only other thing I had open is like, youtube, i’ll try another game later tho thanks!