Help us test Fallen London for mobile

[color=#0066ff]HockeyApp :) Thanks![/color]

[color=#0066ff]Invitations to HockeyApp are going out now![/color]
[color=#0066ff]
[/color]
[color=#0066ff]Once you’ve registered, we’ll draw 25 names to take part in the first testing group.[/color]
[color=#0066ff]
[/color]
[color=#0066ff]I’ve mentioned this in the email, but for now please limit your responses to emails to support@failbettergames.com. We need to keep track of everything and the only way to be sure we are getting all of your thoughts and bugs is if everything goes via that address![/color]
[color=#0066ff]
[/color]
[color=#0066ff]Thanks friends, and I can’t wait to hear what you make of it (via email, obvs ;)).[/color]

which iOS ia required for the app?

Count me in

Whoops! I just realized that I misunderstood your email about HockeyApp, Hannah. It said the first step was “Accept our forthcoming email invitation to HockeyApp” so I waited for another email to arrive, but realized just now that I’d never gotten a second one about testing or HockeyApp. So I went and did step 2 and 3 instead – registering for and installing HockeyApp via the link in that email – and now I can see the Fallen London iOS Alpha in my HockeyApp profile. (Although I can’t install it yet, of course, and will wait as patiently as a drowned bat for my number to be drawn and my device added!)

Posting this here in case other testers had the same confusion.

I upgraded to an iPhone 6S between signing up for HockeyApp and getting a build, but I forgot to add it until I got a build notification the other day. I’ve updated my device list (and added my iPad), but of course they’re not on the provisioning profile. Is that a bit-twiddling issue in HockeyApp or do I need to wait for a new build for it to update?

I am not sure if it’s device related… I haven’t changed my device but likewise, while I received the new build, my device hasn’t been “added” by the developers. I figured I’d wait till Monday and then email support if the situation doesn’t clarify itself…

But then who knows - maybe your issue and mine are entirely unrelated…

[quote=genesis]I am not sure if it’s device related… I haven’t changed my device but likewise, while I received the new build, my device hasn’t been &quotadded&quot by the developers. I figured I’d wait till Monday and then email support if the situation doesn’t clarify itself…

But then who knows - maybe your issue and mine are entirely unrelated…[/quote]

Wait, so people have had their devices added already? Mine has said the same about waiting for the developer to add my device since the announcement so sign up first came out, I figured I just had to be patient. Is this something I should email support about then?

No that’s what I was saying - I am not aware of any devices being added. Mine hasn’t been added at the very least. So if that’s the case (and no devices have been added yet) then it’s unlikely that Jeremy Avalon’s issue with changing devices was at play yet.

The reason I mentioned emailing support was that a new build recently came out (which you can see on the app regardless of whether you’ve been added or not) but I am not aware of anyone actually being able to access it yet (but I could be wrong)
edited by genesis on 10/26/2015

My device has been added and I’ve been testing the app

Interesting. Maybe an email to support is due then

Check your timeline on HockeyApp - I am testing the app now and the timeline showed that I was invited to a team called Alpha 3 a few days before the build came out.

Yes, I have that - invited to Alpha 3 18 days ago.But there were no emails sent, links to click or buttons to press. My profile says: “Please wait - the developer needs to add your device” and when I attempt to install the latest build it loads it but then fails to install it.

Is there much point signing up now or do you already have a large group of testers to choose from?

[li]
I’ve been using the TestFlight feedback form all morning, and it just occurred to me that that might not be preferred. Ought I switch?

[color=#0066ff]This thread is from the previous testing round, in HockeyApp. Don’t worry: you’re doing the right thing. [/color]
[color=#0066ff]
[/color]
[color=#0066ff]I’m going to close this thread now, for the avoidance of confusion![/color]