Helicon House is Available

W h a t ?

The Dean mentioned that when Helicon House was mildly accessible during the Election. I think it’s a matter of politeness. You’re in the Rubbery’s house after all, it’s not the one with the odd texture here.

[edit] Huh. Some options are locked by Closest To: Rubbery Men. That one has been locked and previously inaccessible, right?
edited by PSGarak on 9/10/2020

It’s an option in amber boilers!

There’s a lot of options that are unlocked by the Hallowmas companions of yesteryear, or Fate companions. As far as I can tell, they all just offer more efficient ways of making progress, there’s nothing that’s directly locked.

Is there a way to either preserve “Fitting in” between visits, or acquire some with dropping “Time left”? I see a path to obtaining Closest To Rubbery Men, but it looks Fate-locked.

Modeling seems somewhat less than rewarding. Are there options I’m missing that seem rewarding to others?

Oh, it’s been giving me 28 Hinterland Scrip?

I’ve been Conversing with the Dean to unlock it, so it takes like two action points.

Unless I’ve missed something (I’m waiting to get to Jericho on my next Time the Healer), I’ve been really struggling to get Hinterland Scrip to build more . . . it’s been a massively helpful thing for me, as I’ve finally been able to build a few extra things at Ealing.

Oh, it’s been giving me 28 Hinterland Scrip?

I’ve been Conversing with the Dean to unlock it, so it takes like two action points.

Unless I’ve missed something (I’m waiting to get to Jericho on my next Time the Healer), I’ve been really struggling to get Hinterland Scrip to build more . . . it’s been a massively helpful thing for me, as I’ve finally been able to build a few extra things at Ealing.[/quote]

Yes, but the scrip doesn’t seem very rewarding for the actions it takes me to get to the reward point.

If you’re going through Helicon House in a normal fashion (6 actions from being admitted to eventually leaving), then the payout for modeling (with a partner) is 4.66 SpA with a few additional bottles of Strangling Willow Absinthe thrown in depending on your fitting in quality. It’s actually fairly decent. Not the best, sure, but I’m finding navigating Helicon House to be a lot faster and less monotonous than repeatedly drawing cards in the lab.

Well I went and spent the Fate on the pendant. Check my mantlepiece.

Well, looks like it got nerfed as I expected. I can’t cycle around in just 1 or 2 actions for the 28-32 scrip - a little sad, now there seems to be a randomised air element, but not really surprised either.
edited by Robin Alexander on 9/10/2020

Hot damn! A way to turn those useless fins into something that’s not complete garbage!

Failbetter, this is seriously cool. My Bohemian social character is so in her element, and there are so many good options. I am very pleased with this. I even bought the amber just to show how happy I am with this. (also, it might be a tiny bit useful). But still, I am quite pleased with this content.

[quote=Robin Alexander]Well, looks like it got nerfed as I expected. I can’t cycle around in just 1 or 2 actions for the 28-32 scrip - a little sad, now there seems to be a randomised air element, but not really surprised either.
edited by Robin Alexander on 9/10/2020[/quote]

I’m still trying to figuree out how the reward scales with Fitting In. Seems to be 28 for me every time, despite changes in Fitting In.

[quote=Snort]I’m still trying to figure out how the reward scales with Fitting In. Seems to be 28 for me every time, despite changes in Fitting In.[/quote]The strangling willow absinthe scales with fitting in. The scrip changes based on whether you have a companion with you. I got 3 and 8 absinthe at around 5 and 12 fitting in, respectively. So it seems like 2/3 of your fitting in is converted to absinthe, rounded.

What content does the pendant unlock?

Evaluating the profitability of the massive bones… don’t seem to be high EPA to me.

Eight-spined ribcage has a value of 31250, which is 1250 more than the sum of its 8 parts, it’s a 4% bonus on top of the EPA for getting its parts which isn’t that much. But it’s a great way to get a bit more oomph out of your searing enigmas/trembling amber if you happen to have them for other reasons, from past play, so I’ll end up getting a few since right now I’ve got 21 enigmas sitting around…

Flourishing ribcage is 1250, so less than its components, but cheaper than expanding a torso with shapeling arts, so it’s nice if there’s a need for 6 limbs (as for a curator).

That’s my take on those things, at least.

I have not found any yet. I am keeping an eye out.

Pardon me if I’ve misunderstood - is it possible to access Helicon House without either a Rubbery Bellringer or The DF?

[quote=Diptych]Pardon me if I’ve misunderstood - is it possible to access Helicon House without either a Rubbery Bellringer or The DF?[/quote] Yes. You can use Investigating to…most easily with the Docks Hinterlands card.

[quote=Robin Alexander]Well, looks like it got nerfed as I expected. I can’t cycle around in just 1 or 2 actions for the 28-32 scrip - a little sad, now there seems to be a randomised air element, but not really surprised either.
edited by Robin Alexander on 9/10/2020[/quote]

Umm…I can still cycle through in 2 actions. 1 in with the pendant and rubbery companion, 1 to model. Is this not the case for other people?