Having trouble with Ambition: Heart's desire

I’ve got Moral Selection. I’ve read all three chapters. I don’t get the option to consider the work as a whole. I don’t know what I’m supposed to do next. I’ve seen the options of inviting an opponent to one of your spots, but it isn’t coming up for me now. Is there a step-by-step guide to this?

Been looking for the special items to do this. An Infernally Diplomatic Privilege, A Wink form the Manager at the Royal Beth, and a Novel Birthmark. I don’t know how to get any of these.

They’re all the identifiers for the top tier of lodgings – at the Brass Embassy, the Royal Beth and the Bazaar respectively. Now is a good time to upgrade, incidentally.

Yes, there is a guide on the Wiki: https://fallenlondon.wiki/wiki/Ambition:_Heart's_Desire!

I’ve just recently finished the Ambition myself and found the sequencing of the later stages not entirely clear. Have you been to Arbor yet? That’s just the normal Arbor card, and you need to get to the temple district, which I believe is in the far North. It took me a while to get that right.

Those are the upgraded 5 card hand lodgings. This is the right time of year for it as you can get them from Penstock’s Wicket. You need the basic 4 card lodging (A guest room at the Brass Embassy, A Room at the Royal Bethlehem Hotel or the premises at the Bazaar), you also need between 7 and 9 Taste of Lacre, depending on the lodging you want to upgrade, and 3 notability.

I think An ‘Infernally Diplomatic Privilege’ requires this item:

Once in a while the weekend Rat Market offers it for 15k Rat shillings. Better stock up on some Fourth City Echoes in the meantime.

Getting the Brass Embassy lodging is a bit tricky. I got it through the ‘discounted’ way:

… but getting to Hell Renown 20 was quite a pain compared to other factions.