HALLOWMAS CONTENT FOR 2014

[color=#ff9900]Delicious friends! Fallen London’s Hallowmas content is now available! [/color]
[color=#ff9900]
[/color][color=#ff9900]A Trade in Faces[/color]
[color=#ff9900]
[/color][color=#ff9900]A new tale of fluid identity featuring the return of the Face-Tailor! It costs 25 Nex to play, and could lead you to some of Fallen London’s forgotten corners. [/color]
[color=#ff9900]
[/color]
[color=#ff9900]To begin the story, look for a storylet in London entitled &quotA Sigh from Somewhere Around Your Ankles.&quot While themed to nestle cosily into the Feast of Masks, it will continue to be available after the feast is over (when we’ll move it to the Nex page).[/color]
[color=rgb(255, 153, 0)]
[/color]
[color=rgb(255, 153, 0)]As ever, we’re announcing this to our community first - do let us know if you hit any troubles![/color]

[color=#ff9900]Visitors at Hallowmas[/color]
[color=#ff9900]
[/color]

[color=#ff9900]The Attract a Visitor at Hallowmas card is available throughout London. The Visitors at Hallowmas card lurks even now in your opportunity deck, as long as your Making Waves and Nightmares are 5 or more. [/color]
[color=rgb(255, 153, 0)]
[/color]
[color=rgb(255, 153, 0)]If you don’t have a destiny, admit a visitor for a glimpse of a Possible Future, then go to your lodgings to dream.[/color]
[color=rgb(255, 153, 0)]
[/color]
[color=rgb(255, 153, 0)]If you want to change your destiny, speak to a visitor, then head to your lodgings and spend a small amount of Nex to erase your old destiny and unlock your new one.[/color]
[color=#ff9900]
[/color]
[color=#ff9900]Confessions[/color]
[color=#ff9900]
[/color]

[color=#ff9900]The ancient confessional practices of the Feast of Masks are again in vogue! If you want to engage in this entirely safe and not at all dangerous Hallowmas tradition, head to your lodgings and look for the Confessions at the Feast of Masks card… [/color]
[color=rgb(255, 153, 0)]
[/color]
[color=rgb(255, 153, 0)]Until November the 5th you can gather confessions from other players. The person who confesses to you will earn a little Spirit of Hallowmas. Anyone can gather up to 6 minor confessions (of Curiosity, Violence, Guile and Impropriety), but once you have more than 6 confessions. Persons of Some Importance can gather Toothsome confessions (of Pride or Whimsy) from one another, and these will allow you to increase your confessions above 6.[/color]
[color=rgb(255, 153, 0)]
[/color]
[color=rgb(255, 153, 0)]After the 5th of November, the masks come off and you will be able to choose whether to keep the confidences you’ve gathered, or betray them. [/color]
[color=rgb(255, 153, 0)]
[/color]
[color=rgb(255, 153, 0)]If you were loyal enough to keep people’s secrets last year, you may now notice two new options available on the Confessions card…[/color]
[color=rgb(255, 153, 0)]
[/color]
[color=#ff9900]The Spirit of Hallowmas[/color]
[color=#ff9900]
[/color]
[color=rgb(255, 153, 0)]Soon, Mr. Huffam will be about, looking for interviews for his Unexpurgated London Gazette - what will you warrant, do you think? An unattributed quote? [/color][color=rgb(255, 153, 0)]Or the front page headline?[/color]
[color=#ff9900]
[/color]
[color=#ff9900]
[/color]
edited by Chris Gardiner on 10/31/2014

Heck yeah! Relickers, rats, and poison doors! Spooky scary!

I haven’t got enough fate at the moment:(

But I am looking forward to the other Hallowmas content.

Finally the Face-Tailor returns! I’ve been hoping for more content with that mysterious fellow ever since I first set the Scowling Flint Idol on my dresser, back when I was a far less important person in London…

Ooo good that it’ll be available afterwards, I can’t buy fate right now so I’d rather not miss it >.<

Sorry my ratty friend, but not today :(
Glad to hear it’s going to be available for long term, sounds great even though i have little clue as to what the Face-Tailor is.

Oh man, I wish I still had that idol… assuming that’s related, like, at all. Still! Exciting! I’ve only just started the case, but already the rat is really quite adorable. (Assuming that doesn’t count as a spoiler~)

is this the Dadd Wing content from the sunless sea kickstarter or something else? if it is, do kickstarter backers get access to it , or will they have to pay extra?
edited by IHNIWTR on 10/30/2014

[quote=IHNIWTR]is this the Dadd Wing content from the sunless sea kickstarter or something else? if it is, do kickstarter backers get access to it , or will they have to pay extra?[/quote][color=#C2B280]This isn’t a Kickstarter reward: it’s a normal piece of Fate-locked Fallen London content.

Once the Dadd Wing’s ready – which will be quite soon, with luck – we’ll get in touch with everyone who pledged at that level or above. We also won’t be making it available to non-backers for at least six months, in accordance with our Kickstarter promise.[/color]

What Flyte said!

The Dadd Wing as a setting fit very neatly with the themes and imagery of the Face Trade story, so we couldn’t resist using it in a small way here, too.
edited by Chris Gardiner on 10/30/2014

ok, cool. thank you both very much for the clarification!

Having just completed the storyline, let me just say the results are… rather interesting. There’s some good information behind a few of the choices; I kind of wish I knew what the other ones were! All in all, I thought it was pretty good.

Awww, poor little rat. Looking forward to seeing how this story develops.

Edit: That is quite a fork in the road. To the alt!
edited by Sara Hysaro on 10/31/2014

Yay, new content!

Devoured rapidly. Now I’m at the waiting for cards stage, but it’s been very interesting so far, and looks like there will be a big choice to make eventually. While the ‘Face Tailor’ seems very unpleasant, he might have something interesting to offer…

I also have the &quotScowling Flint Idol&quot, and that came up as an option here, though dammed if I can remember where it came from. I generally keep hold of anything interesting & unusual though.

[quote=yetanotherone]
I also have the &quotScowling Flint Idol&quot, and that came up as an option here, though dammed if I can remember where it came from. I generally keep hold of anything interesting & unusual though.[/quote]

Damn ;-; I should have held onto that after all. Oh well! I… don’t suppose there’s any way to get it back…?

[quote=thedeadlymoose][quote=yetanotherone]
I also have the &quotScowling Flint Idol&quot, and that came up as an option here, though dammed if I can remember where it came from. I generally keep hold of anything interesting & unusual though.[/quote]

Damn ;-; I should have held onto that after all. Oh well! I… don’t suppose there’s any way to get it back…?[/quote]
[color=#ff9900]Don’t worry - you don’t need the Scowling Flint Idol to enjoy A Trade in Faces. If you’ve played through the affair of the idol, you’ll unlock a minor extra option in the new story (whether you kept the idol or not). It saves you a small amount of resources and recognises your earlier adventure, but it’s not necessary.
[/color]
[color=#ff9900]
[/color]
[color=#ff9900]
[/color]
edited by Chris Gardiner on 10/31/2014

Is the new “Visitors at Hallowmas” erases your current future, if you make another choice? or it can have other effects?

[quote=Sara Hysaro]Awww, poor little rat. Looking forward to seeing how this story develops.

Edit: That is quite a fork in the road. To the alt!
edited by Sara Hysaro on 10/31/2014[/quote]
Actually, two forks!

I’ve just had my visitor at Hallowmas (from the gold-boardered card). After selecting an option on the card, the text ends with “[Return to your lodgings to see your Destiny.]” But there are no new options at my lodgings, and nothing relevant under the Hallowmas option. A bug?

[color=#ff9900]I was still in the process of making everything live, but you should be able to choose a destiny in your lodgings now.[/color]