Hallowmas Betrayals for Connected: Masters

Excellent!

EDIT: [color=rgb(194, 194, 194)]Do be careful that you don’t send two Confession invites to the same person. They can only accept one, even if they’re different kinds.[/color]

[color=rgb(194, 194, 194)]I’ll be accepting the most recent where duplicates occur, on the assumption that you’ve had your fill of the former for whatever reason.[/color]
edited by Shalinoth on 10/27/2015

When seeking to betray my 3 characters, Impropriety or Whimsy is best now.

I’m open for mutual betrayals (and possible one-ways if I already ate your confession - right now I think I’m down to just two that I haven’t). MW isn’t that important to me anymore and I can live with Scandal. Just let me know beforehand via PM or in-game letter.
edited by MrUnderhill89 on 10/27/2015

I’m ok with being betrayed since I just cleared out my Notability, but it might not be mutual since I might try to maximize Spirit of Hallowsmas

Can’t seem to send requests to Sara nor both Robins all day. Perhaps you folks have reached your realistic goals of pending confessionals already?

If so, understandable. I’m wondering if I’m nearing the same myself, but I will leave it open for Whimsy & Impropriety overnight.

I’m only going to be available on odd numbered dates. Today’s an even number (the 28th), so I’m just tending to my received requests until midnight.

Edit: Midnight EST, for clarification. It’s 9:10 pm over here right now.

edited by Sara Hysaro on 10/29/2015

Ah, very good :)

I might start doing the same just so the backlog has no danger of becoming literally impossible.

http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/Profile/Galen~Cook-Thomas

Set me down for unlimited. I’d prefer that anyone who requests a confession offer one in return - make a note in your request as to whether or not you are okay with being betrayed in like kind, or would prefer your indiscretions be buried safely away.

I’ve created a new list for those not accepting additional betrayal requests.

This thread confuses me slightly… I understood it to be an organisation thread for people interested primarily in betrayals (i.e. those who are not motivated by getting the Spirit as high as possible). But now I see lists of people requiring permission to betray them or requiring you to arrange mutual betrayals…

I am gunning for 500 Spirit and so only clicked here out of curiosity but am now a bit consternated what I should do if next week I have some spare Confessions. I was just planning to betray any spare ones but now it seems that there might be a complicated procedure of checking every name and arranging permissions and whatnot… Or have I misunderstood something very obvious?

[quote=genesis]This thread confuses me slightly… I understood it to be an organisation thread for people interested primarily in betrayals (i.e. those who are not motivated by getting the Spirit as high as possible). But now I see lists of people requiring permission to betray them or requiring you to arrange mutual betrayals…

I am gunning for 500 Spirit and so only clicked here out of curiosity but am now a bit consternated what I should do if next week I have some spare Confessions. I was just planning to betray any spare ones but now it seems that there might be a complicated procedure of checking every name and arranging permissions and whatnot… Or have I misunderstood something very obvious?[/quote]

From what I understand, betrayals can and will happen with or without consent. That’s just part of the Hallowmas fun: testing the trust you’ve placed in total strangers. This thread’s purpose is to help people who would like to try for some Masters connection through betrayals, without the guilt of harming innocents. We agree to betray each other and nobody gets hurt- but the space bats don’t need to know that!

This thread is mostly just a resource for arranging civil betrayals more efficiently than personally contacting each person beforehand and waiting for a response. My first year I betrayed literally everyone with very little advance warning and nobody really minded as far as I can tell. My second year I put a note in my signature and sent my requests with a &quotCare for a mutual betrayal?&quot message attached, and if they were accepted I just assumed that meant they were okay with it (again, far as I could tell they were). Towards the end someone suggested a thread for arranging mutual betrayals, and I created the very first thread.

This year I created the thread before the event even started, and have decided to step back from full throttle betray everyone mode. I’ll definitely get fewer betrayals this time, but at least I know for certain that everyone is 100% cool with it. That’s what this thread is for.

edited by Sara Hysaro on 10/29/2015

Ok, thank you. I think I understand, though it seems like the people putting themselves forward with conditions are potentially setting themselves up for disappointment/negative feelings for no obvious benefit.

[Incidentally (and tangentially) this wiki article is incomplete for the lack of information from people who have been betrayed: http://fallenlondon.wikia.com/wiki/Retrieve_and_sell_a_confession_from_a_year_gone_by Since much betraying will be happening here perhaps someone will be able to provide the requisite info]

While putting myself on a list asking for only mutual betrayals may be of limited benefit, it also clears my conscience when I send the ‘non-mutuals’ a big fat sack of live rats to chew on their tender parts if I’m feeling particularly stroppy. One reaps what one sows.

As a non-POSI, MW isn’t a concern for me yet. Although the sound of being connected to the Masters is tantalizing. So if anyone would like a mutual betrayal, please send a request with a note indicating so. I’m available all days.

Since a couple non-POSI members have been listed I would like to mention that the Masters are mostly interested in hearing gossip about Significant individuals. You don’t have to be a POSI yourself to gossip, but others won’t be able to tell the Masters of your deeds. Mutual betrayals are possible, though the POSI would be choosing to flaunt your confession to Society instead.

Ah, I see. Thank you for the clarification. It’s my first Hallowmas so I’m still learning how this works. So I will withdraw my name from the list. It wouldn’t seem fair if I’m betraying people to the Masters and I’m only being betrayed to Society. But if that’s what anyone needs, I will not hold it against you!

I don’t betray, but if you want to betray me that’s okay. I prefer trust, but I am cool with being betrayed if anyone is looking for that.

Isn’t the increase in Connected: The Masters a rare success?
What are the chances?
edited by Ysrthgrathe on 10/30/2015

It is a rare success, but I don’t recall the odds being too bad last year.