Hallowmas 2023: The Feast of Masks

Is there a thread for asking people if they’re willing to trade confessions?

I will trade a confession of Curiosity or Pride for Whimsy.

I need a curiosity but I misclicked and traded away my spare Whimsy on the St. Elmo. If I can get an extra one again I’ll trade it to you.

there is: Hallowmas 2022: Confession Trading! - #89 by deserterkalak

1 Like

Anna, thank you so much!

I’ve created a thread for this year, just so no-one gets confused using the old one!

Sitting at 2314 after some goofs, a trip overzee to the Court and the weekly Board meeting, not to mention faffing around getting the proper Confessions to upgrade who I wanted to upgrade.
The Marigold method sure delivers!

I’ve been wearing the Crown all Hallowmas (on my alt), but something extremely weird just happened.

1. I notice that my Hat slot seems to be empty. Odd.
  2. I check my inventory, only to discover that the Crown is now missing entirely.
  3. Upon looking more closely, I see that the Infant appears to have materialized somehow.

What [strikethrough]on[/strikethrough]under earth?

Probabl a misclick, followed by some other clicks? The option to ditch your current mask is a top-level Action inside “The Streets of London: Hallowmas.” I would assume you happened to click on it by accident while trying to navigate the Attendants.

That could be right; I did that myself, early this Hallowmas.

Ah! Almost certainly. I don’t know why I assumed it would’ve cost Fate to switch masks (rather than Spirit of Hallowmas, which is what it actually costs). Thank you!

And the Fifth Spirit of Hallowmas! :slight_smile:

8 Likes

Man. I haven’t been focusing all my actions into grinding spirit, but that still makes my +4k look meager.

1 Like

Cheer up; your 4k makes my 2600 look meagre!

Impressive! I was going to ask how one could end up with such a number given the flat 28 Spirit gain for turning in Menaces, but the wiki reminded me that upgrading companions gives 3 Spirit.

3284 and counting. I did a few Marigold runs, but the vast portion has been in the Wreck of the St. Elmo, since that’s the only Hallowmas affiliation I don’t have. So Crew of the St. Elmo, here I come!

1 Like

I hit 7756 (277 Fool cash ins), got a companion (7759), switched a mask (7749) and did another Fool for 28 more. You can juggle with masks for -10 Spirit and companion upgrades for 3.
After the screenshot I went on with the rest of the companions and spirit increase.

3 Likes

When the even ends in a couple of hours, I will end up with just a little over 3.8k Spirit of Hallowmas, not too bad and comparable to previous years.

Steeped in Transgression → The Cloak, Not the Dagger.

Protips:

1. Always stock up on favours of all factions, at least 5 of 7. You can use them with ‘Call in favours’ anytime if you wish to dodge certain conflict cards.

2. Watch your menace bar at all times when partying in Hallowmas, you don’t want the menace to jump from 6 to 8, that would especially suck with the Triple Crown (Suspicion), and you want to maintain your jail-free status.

3. It is more efficient to exchange confessions on the second week, after you have received your second set of seven confessions. You might be lucky and not even need to exchange any. I didn’t exchange any confessions, and just needed to convert a few on the second week during the Spirit grinding.

The rewards for turning in confessions are unimpressive mundane items. Can you instead keep your confessions until next Hallowmass and see if you can use them then?

Of course not. That’s the whole point. :upside_down_face:

Want ‘impressive’ reward items (companions)? Spend fate.