Hallowmas, 1891: The Visitors Are Here

[quote=Spacemarine9]Even the blog post says 1892, so it’s probably not a typo. Maybe a misnumbering.
Or maybe we’re going to fall asleep for a year and get woken up by a kiss from a snake or something.[/quote]

Maybe it’s a special endgame clue ;)

I got and used the card on both my characters several time before the 24th, but I used them, and since them, nothing… Can we really get them anywhere? I’ve been spending some time at court to work on the making of the waves.

Yeah, the card has no requirements and isn’t location specific, so it should show up anywhere.

I just got a surprise package from a player. How do you send those?

[quote=Fhoenix]I just got a surprise package from a player. How do you send those?[/quote]Probably through the 'Give a gift! A commotion in the Square of Lofty Words’ card, where you can pay 10 Echoes to send what basically amounts to a Bundle of Oddities. I guess that bundle is likely to turn out to be worth a lot less than 10 Echoes, but if the bundle might contain one of the rare results it could very well be worth it. Certainly something I could see people doing once their need for Echoes has diminished. It does diminish, right? There comes a time when you have already bought everything money can buy, right? Come on, people. Tell me what it’s like to be rich…

I believe a couple of people have bought the Hesperidean Cider. So there are indeed a couple of people whose need for echos has diminished… I am not one of them. Oh, and I got my first visitor yesterday.

I don’t think anyone has bought the hesperidian cider because you’d need to grind for practically as long as the game’s existed to afford it

i mean there was that one kickstarter backer who got it but that doesn’t count

Ok, my mistake. So, nobody really knows what it’s like to be rich in this game. Still, I have sent the surprise package once. I just wanted to try it!

Well, there’s rich, then there’s “live forever” rich. You can get rich enough to have a few big houses and be able to buy most things you want… just not, you know, immortality. I think everyone who can do that was doing so even before London fell, so they’re kind of outside of London’s economy.

you could even feasibly own two goats and become the envy of goatherds everywhere

Though, unfortunately, a breeding pair are only good for one kid. We don’t yet know whether a sustainable breeding operation can be begun by investing in four goats.

Goats do not breed. They fuse

A quick web search for “fused goats” brought me to the horrifying Musée Fragonard d’Alfort, and I think I shall pursue the subject no more.

[quote=Spacemarine9]I don’t think anyone has bought the hesperidian cider because you’d need to grind for practically as long as the game’s existed to afford it

i mean there was that one kickstarter backer who got it but that doesn’t count[/quote]

Theoretically you could get the cider by spending about $1,500 on Nex then dumping all that Nex into gifts to the MerryGentleman. It would still take a while but it should be relatively &quoteasy&quot, presuming one had a couple grand and nothing better to burn it on.

[li]

Wow, it’s $1500 now? I remember previous estimations putting the figure somewhere in the $30,000 range. Using the simple money to action to echo conversion.
Immorality sure is affordable nowadays.

[quote=Fhoenix]Wow, it’s $1500 now? I remember previous estimations putting the figure somewhere in the $30,000 range. Using the simple money to action to echo conversion.
Immorality sure is affordable nowadays.[/quote]

[li]
Yeah, that’s accurate if you just do the straight &quotbuying actions == each of those actions is worth x echoes&quot conversion, but there are a few fate-locked options that unlock huge echo-value rewards, and I’m pretty sure it would only be about $1,500 or so max if you took one of those routes. Though it would take a little time for the right cards to pop etc.

There is one fate locked option in particular that gives nearly 600 echoes per action, but it’s extremely expensive and time-sensitive. If you had a couple thousand currencies to spare though you could get a Cider, eventually.

Despite having A Brazen Fate and Hellfarer, The Bishop of Southwark option doesn’t appear to be working for me.
Is this uncommon, or should I send a bug report?

so will the october 31st dream option thing be time sensitive like during the end of valentine’s day, where you only get a chance to click that option for a very specific time slot? or will you have a bit more freedom (i.e. once the 31rd rolls around you can just have the dream at any point during that day)?[li]
edited by IHNIWTR on 10/28/2013

It might be neither - it could be like Profession rewards, where the story appears on the day it’s due so long as you have the prerequisites, and doesn’t disappear until you’ve played it.