Guidance for a new player on crafting

I have come to Fallen London via the Sunless Sea and have been enjoying my stay immensely. I have gradually grown in importance around town, but have only recently become aware of the sidestreets of the Bazaar. It seems that to progress further I must obtain some small quantity of visions of the surface. Would anyone be so kind as to suggest where I might obtain such visions in bulk?

[[Or, more specifically, I’m getting very close to becoming a Person of Some Importance, but I need to farm visions of the surface in order to craft bazaar permits. Can you help me out as to the best locations to do this?]]

Progress in the Shadowy storyline until you get to the Flit. Once you gain access to a source of Casing, you can directly steal a Bazaar Permit via Heists or Thefts of Particular Character.

Actually, the best way to farm Bazaar Permits is to do Thefts of a Particular Character in the Flit (or Heists). There is no way to “farm” Visions per se, but you can obtain them by shoving other 3rd-tier items around in your inventory.

– Mal

[quote=ashampine]I have come to Fallen London via the Sunless Sea and have been enjoying my stay immensely. I have gradually grown in importance around town, but have only recently become aware of the sidestreets of the Bazaar. It seems that to progress further I must obtain some small quantity of visions of the surface. Would anyone be so kind as to suggest where I might obtain such visions in bulk?

[[Or, more specifically, I’m getting very close to becoming a Person of Some Importance, but I need to farm visions of the surface in order to craft bazaar permits. Can you help me out as to the best locations to do this?]][/quote]
Unless you need a great deal of them, the best method is to go straight to grinding one of them, probably. Using thefts of a particular character is certain to get you one: grind casing to 10, then under &quotthefts of a particular character&quot, choose &quotSteal a bazaar permit from baseborn and fowlingpeice.&quot

Welcome to the wonder of POSI-hood! I’ve a link to the new POSI group in my signature where like minded players also congregate.

Note that you can also gain Casing through working for the Topsy King and use it elsewhere in the Flit, in case those other options are trickier for you.
edited by Parelle on 6/10/2016

When you are able to take it, the PoSI casing option takes more actions than the regular casing options but gives the same amount of Casing CP per action without having to succeed at a check.