Grinding Rubbery Renown?

Greetings all!

I’m trying to acquire the Rubbery Bellringer, and realize that I am under a severe time constraint to do so. Is there any more effective or even possible way to grind rubbery renown besides using Fate on the Amber card for Favors, and cashing them in for Renown? And if not… am I correct in thinking that it will take dozens and dozens of turn-ins of seven Favors to get to 25 renown? Am I missing something, or is this a nigh impossible grind? My current Rubbery Renown is only 8. Any ideas?

• Riftare

Its a very difficult grind, but you can exchange illuminated gentleman confessions for 2 favours. You can also get a favour by using the polite invitation, one per 23ish actions in flute street if you bought it, and on the rubbery card.
edited by suinicide on 10/26/2016

Thank you for the options… I still do have one question though. Even if I were to use Fate to get one Favor per action, would I not still be looking at hundreds and hundreds of actions to grind Renown up to 25?

Remember that Polite Invitation has two options for a Favour: one possible (50% chance)at TR 5 after a Persuasive challenge and one (100%) at TR 2 after a Shadowy challenge.
So, other than cards, the answer to your question is &quotno&quot.
EDIT:

You’ll need 42 AP to get Favours and 7 more AP to get to level 15 followed by 70 AP to get Favours and 10 AP to level up to Renown 25. I know these were the number when I started grinding, but can’t really remember if I once increased my Renown with 2 levels from the (possible) 21 CP you may gain when Saving a Rubbery Flophouse.
Still, very expensive regarding Fate, but it costs you about 129 AP! :D
edited by Skinnyman on 10/26/2016

It is a long grind, but as your renown goes up, you get better options for increasing it. I don’t think it would go past 200 actions.

[quote=Riftare]Greetings all!

I’m trying to acquire the Rubbery Bellringer, and realize that I am under a severe time constraint to do so. Is there any more effective or even possible way to grind rubbery renown besides using Fate on the Amber card for Favors, and cashing them in for Renown? And if not… am I correct in thinking that it will take dozens and dozens of turn-ins of seven Favors to get to 25 renown? Am I missing something, or is this a nigh impossible grind? My current Rubbery Renown is only 8. Any ideas?

• Riftare[/quote]
    it will take a total of 98 favors to get from 8 to 25, if done optimally, I believe. 5 to 25 will take 119. (5->8 = 21, 8 → 15 = 42, 15 → 25 = (205/28 rounded up)*7 = 56) (the cp per cash-in doubles at certain points.) since you’re at 8, you’ve already handled at least 21 of them. If we assume you only have 100 to go… Flute street is still slow. something like 20 actions per favor plus 15 traveling every 7 favors. Faster methods are cards, but cards are RNG. You could sacrifice confessions- each illuminated gent confessions can be turned in for 2 rubbery favors… But that’s still something like 49 sacrifices, and you probably can’t afford that either.

However, it’s not a nigh-impossible grind if you start early- rubbery renown has been out for like a year. You just didn’t bother with it before. Best in slots are never easy to get- or at least they shouldn’t be.
edited by Grenem on 10/26/2016
edited by Grenem on 10/26/2016

[quote=Skinnyman]Remember that Polite Invitation has two options for a Favour: one possible (50% chance)at TR 5 after a Persuasive challenge and one (100%) at TR 2 after a Shadowy challenge.
So, other than cards, the answer to your question is &quotno&quot.
EDIT:

You’ll need 42 AP to get Favours and 7 more AP to get to level 15 followed by 70 AP to get Favours and 10 AP to level up to Renown 25. I know these were the number when I started grinding, but can’t really remember if I once increased my Renown with 2 levels from the (possible) 21 CP you may gain when Saving a Rubbery Flophouse.
Still, very expensive regarding Fate, but it costs you about 129 AP! :D
edited by Skinnyman on 10/26/2016[/quote]
it’s not 21 cp. the general theory- which my observations fit, is that it’s 28 cp per rubbery flophouse.

[quote=suinicide]Its a very difficult grind, but you can exchange illuminated gentleman confessions for 2 favours. You can also get a favour by using the polite invitation, one per 23ish actions in flute street if you bought it, and on the rubbery card.
edited by suinicide on 10/26/2016[/quote]

I was unaware of the illuminated gentleman exchange. As I’m currently grinding making waves to turn Notability into random confessions (with a very respectable BDR), that just might make getting from 17 to 25 renown doable with some shrewd trading. I need to figure out if my making waves grind is more effective than Flute Street.

Quick question. Does anyone know how long ago the Rubbery Bellringer companion was introduced? It seems like he hasn’t been around that long, but I’m not sure if he really hasn’t or I just found out about him later than everybody else :P

Half a year ago, wow that seems longer when I put it into words.

So not too much longer before I found out about him. And yet I was only able to get renown up to 15 by the time the festival started. Don’t know if I stink at it or just have dumb luck :P

Thanks for your help!