Grinding for A guest room at the Brass Embassy

Yes, just as Sara Hysaro mentioned. However, if you do the the math, the price is approximately the same. It’s a decent option if you don’t mind the devils, and want some extra items for going that route.

I want to add another &quotlow stat&quot option for grinding to the Guest Room at the Brass Embassy.
My purpose was to find something that achieved the following:
-Maximized Brilliant Souls per turn for Fresh PoSI stats (100-120)
-Maximized stat gain for Fresh PoSI
-Minimized menaces

My method involves grinding proscribed materials via the University. I have two methods for doing this. One advances the liberation of night and one does not. Here is the storylet choice based on Term Passing:

0-7 (The Stoats - Get Involved)
8-10 (Picking the team - Involve yourself)
11 (Once more to the Library - Hunt for the Book Yourself) - can give bonus appalling secrets on rare success
12 Liberation - (The Library Roof - Comrades) - gives +50CP Revolutionaries
12 No Liberation - (The Debate Closes - Speak Against the Opposition) - Gives +30CP Church

This loop should take 38 actions in a perfect scenario and about 55 in an average scenario (~70% success at 100 in stat.) Every 3-4 loops you will cash in your connection using Call in Favours (Storylet in Shuttered Palace for foxfire candle stubs from Church or Opportunity card in Flit for proscribed materials from Revolutionaries.) 12-15 loops should finish the Liberation method, and 15-20 loops should finish the No Liberation method. Having stats around 110 instead of 100 should shave off about 100 turns from both methods.

In any case, the final concept is to convert the Proscribed Materials and Foxfire Candle Stubs in bulk to Memories of Distant Shores, and then converting all the Memories to Brilliant Souls.

-No Liberation method uses 800-1100 turns to deliver 1100 brilliant souls, and about 450 CP Somerset, 600 CP Persuasive, & 700 CP Watchful
-Liberation method uses 650-825 turns to deliver 1100 brilliant souls, and about 400 CP Somerset, 450 CP Persuasive & 450 CP Watchful

This is significantly slower than the Tipping the Hat method for low-stat players, but for 200-400 extra turns you get ~400 CP of university connections and 900-1300 CP of main stats, which seems more useful and less mind-numbing for a fresh PoSI.

After some testing, I realized the Benthic failure penalty for Involve Yourself offsets the Benthic success reward for Get Involved, so the Benthic CP have been removed from the list of benefits. It helps to start the loop with Benthic at level 12+ so it doesn’t drop below 10 at any point (requirement for Involve Yourself.)
edited by Puutuulion on 12/3/2015

[quote=Puutuulion]I want to add another &quotlow stat&quot option for grinding to the Guest Room at the Brass Embassy.
This is significantly slower than the Tipping the Hat method for low-stat players, but for 200-400 extra turns you get 600-800 CP of university connections and 900-1300 CP of main stats, which seems more useful and less mind-numbing for a fresh PoSI.
edited by Puutuulion on 12/2/2015[/quote]
Do you mind if I ask what the Tipping the Hat method is? I’ve never heard of it.

[quote=Deimos517][quote=Puutuulion]I want to add another &quotlow stat&quot option for grinding to the Guest Room at the Brass Embassy.
This is significantly slower than the Tipping the Hat method for low-stat players, but for 200-400 extra turns you get 600-800 CP of university connections and 900-1300 CP of main stats, which seems more useful and less mind-numbing for a fresh PoSI.
edited by Puutuulion on 12/2/2015[/quote]
Do you mind if I ask what the Tipping the Hat method is? I’ve never heard of it.[/quote]

It is an option in unfinished business in ladybones road.