Grinding Artforms in the Empress' Court

Hi all! I was wondering if there was any guide or meta as to the best options to pick for getting that Inspired up quickly. I’ve checked the wiki but I’m not entirely sure the Change Points are up to date and I am needing a LOT of Memories of Light for my Route to Parabola. Any guides out there/any best tips?

The CPs on the wiki are up to date afaik. And there’s a full guide, too.

The best options are generally:

+ 35 CP:
Call on the help of the Church (needs Favours: The Church)
The people’s art (needs Favours: Revolutionaries) [Suspicion increase!]

+ 30 CP:
A city of culture (+ 40 CP Rare Success!) (needs Favours: Bohemians)
You have rivals (needs Favours: Society)

+ 25 CP:
Devils and art (needs Favours: Hell)

+ 20 CP:
Composition: the high path (needs 25 x Honey)

+ 15 CP:
The Bohemians (+ 20 CP Rare Success!) [Scandal increase!]
The lead [- 5 CP Austere]
The Decency Evaluator (needs 50 x Candles) [Suspicion increase!]

+ 10 CP:
Nature in the Neath (+ 20 CP Rare Success!)
A quiet day at your lodgings (+ 20 CP Rare Success!)

Note that this presumes your Persuasive is high enough for a 100 % success rate on all actions.
edited by phryne on 5/23/2020

Thank you so much! This simplifies my life a fair bit. It seems it’s generally not worth grinding favours to use for Change Points (2 actions) but if you have them it’s nice to spend them. I really appreciate this summary.

Yeah, I usually try and wait with doing Court Works until I have a fair lot of Favours at hand. That way, Poet Laureate can basically be done as a side-grind. Of course, if you’re desperate for a particular resource (Beeswax or Candles, most likely), you might not have enough Favours at hand… if I was in a real hurry I’d make as much use of The Bohemians and The Decency Evaluator as possible without being exiled/imprisoned… ;)

There is a guide in wiki ( https://fallenlondon.fandom.com/wiki/Shaping_a_Masterpiece_for_the_Empress ).

Also as far as i know favours are not good for Court grind in terms of EpA.
&quotThe lead&quot is the best option, but its only available for Play, Song, Symphony, Ballet, Opera or Film.
edited by Waterpls on 5/23/2020

The MoL grind I did for getting to parabola (and upgrading my lab) was an onerous one, but it worked. I just bred a ton of somnolent hyenas. Get to 5 nightmares, two actions to go from coil 4 to 2, get the hyena, two actions back, 14 actions for discipline and fungi, one to get the result. Lather, rinse, repeat every 20 actions (assuming you have the Dangerous for 100% success on all actions). Then convert the compromising documents you get from it to MoLs (42 or 62 CDs [70% chance of 62], converted to MoLs at a 50 CD to 51 MoL rate). I don’t know about the artforms grind in the Empress’ Court. Just another option available for you.
edited by Kaunisenkeli on 5/23/2020
edited by Kaunisenkeli on 5/23/2020

I’ve written so many ballets trying to get rid of revolutionary favors, I’m going around my house in a tutu.

If you care only about Memories of Light, its better to grind echos with infinite Arbour or even with Silken Thread and buy beeswax directly from Bazaar for double price.

Grinding at Court is better only if you care about Poet-Laureate progress. Options with beeswax there are far from optimal, less than 1 EpA, but you are killing two targets with one bullet.