Grand Hunt of the Devils?

Ouch. Many, many condolences. But, yes, you can get some comfort from the fact that you have and will continue to hurt them badly.

Ouch. D: I am so, so sorry!

But I don’t understand why you got it and I didn’t. Is it because I didn’t actually sell my soul to them? Because I only have two stains, not seven?

[quote=Laluzi]Ouch. D: I am so, so sorry!

But I don’t understand why you got it and I didn’t. Is it because I didn’t actually sell my soul to them? Because I only have two stains, not seven?[/quote]
My guess would be that the presence or absence of ‘Looking for your Soul’ is the deal-breaker. The ‘normal’ procedure of staining automatically gives you a contract plus this quality, which otherwise one has to pay Fate for. Holding your contract without this quality means you’ve sold your soul for material gain, rather than lost it in the pursuit of glorious soul-destroying knowledge.

From what little I could find about my situation I was able to come to this theory:

I have stained my soul completely. I do not believe that my cats will help me retrieve it should it be lost again. My soul is thoroughly worthless apparently. However, this did not stop me from trading it for Cantigaster Venom. There was other items of equal value available. A Ray-Drenched Cinder, A Dreadful Surmise, a few other things I already had in my possession. At the time, Cantigaster Venom was completely unknown to me. It turned out to be the most powerful weapon I have ever come across, I am very sad to see it go. But I digress.

When I was letting my nightmares and waves coalesce for my &quotunknown visitor&quot. A simple two fate option appeared… It involved going to a &quotpresentation&quot where Devils were discussing souls. That is all I will say about what transpired there. Afterwards I was approached. I was told this deal was a one time offer. My soul could be traded for FAR more than it was worth (Which is nothing, apparently). I took the deal. I got my weapon and my contract and went on my marry way.

Then I found out weeks later that I couldn’t go to the Quarter anymore (I had spent a bit of time at Zee). At first I thought it was a temporary thing, a little &quotrebuilding&quot or something of the like. I was wrong.

All I know is that I had an attribute I wasn’t aware of. Basically; &quotI had done something foolish at the feast of masks&quot.

What was so shocking about the whole incident is that there was no warning. No sign that I had done anything. I have lost things before, I am a Seeker. Loss and sacrifice are nothing foreign to me. But this… this was just cruel. The Devils gave me my soul back, as violently as possible, but why?

Regardless, here I stand. Penniless. Yet I will keep my head held high. I have people that &quotdepend&quot on me to be present, can’t go sinking into the mire because I lost a few toys to some discourteous Hell spawn. One day, soon I hope, I will charge into Hell and slaughter ever Devil I can lay my hands on.

Every. Single. One. Or at least one Devil for every pence lost. That might suffice.

[li][/li][li]
edited by Passionario on 11/18/2013

Whenever bad things happen to seekers, I always think of “Breaking the Law” by Judas Priest, but with “Seeking the Name” replacing the titular lyric.

But yes, Hammond, I feel your pain. I have started training a seeker alt that I may better share it.