goods' use

[quote=Master Polarimini]where can you get the egg?

@Kerine, interesting storylet, didn’t see it! Do you need to have the trading license?[/quote]
I don’t believe so, considering i’ve never gotten a trading license before :P (and i’m not sure i’d know where to get one). I wish i’d marked down more of the options as i’ve forgotten them now, at the time I was just excited to get the long box since I hadn’t gotten it yet.[li]

The Khan’s Heart candlelit shop has Violant Ink, Drowning Pearls, Strange Catches, Watchful Curios and Soothe & Copper Long-Boxes for sale at 77 Echoes each. There’s also an option to buy a Brass-Backed Mirror, but… you can’t do it, the shopkeeper won’t sell it to you. It’s available as a Something Awaits You event sometimes there. Weirdly, it’s actually a rare success; the normal success on that option involves you being pressured into buying a Strange Catch for like 10 echoes. I don’t know why those aren’t separate events.
edited by Spacemarine9 on 7/3/2014

I’ve noticed that mushroom wine (5 at a time) can be sold for 150 echoes at Godfall, at least sometimes. Early on in the game, I made a few thousand echoes this way, letting me build up the cash to safely explore.

By the way, is it even possible to access the nephrite quarter in this patch?

OK, I just sailed there again to check this out, and there is no such shop…?

It’s a Something Awaits You event.

Firkin of Prisoner’s Honey - any use now that Venderbight is no longer buying? I bought 5 of them to run up to Venderbight, autosaved, then the next time I opened the game it had updated.

Sell to Gaider’s Mourn

Which quality? I thought the rare appear just out of luck…

(P.S. sorry for the lack of updates in the list, I haven’t played Sunless Sea much these last days, I’ll put something new today.)

A question to everybody: do you think that the outcome of the &quotexplore&quot (or equivalent) action in the various ports depends on the time the Healer value?

You must have the “Something Awaits You” Quality

If you don’t mind being a little militant about your hold space and getting your Veils up, Prisoner’s Honey is an item that will occasionally be exchangeable (I think?) in Khan’s Heart for a point of spy network infiltration; these cash out for a vital inteligence worth 300, with a rare success allowing you not to lose the point (so 600).

Seeking intelligence requires “Something Awaits You,” but building your network does not. So if your hold contains 1-2 units of honey, wine, Romantic Literature (the real stuff with pictures, not the approved garbage), a Diplomatic Agent (doesn’t consume hold space), you can sometimes gain 2-3 points of network while visiting a port just by having the right item on hand. Every sale you make is worth 300 echoes when you succeed in gaining a Vital Intelligence. (Some requested items cost too much for it to make sense to exchange one for the other, unless you eventually have Judgment Eggs by the dozen). In those cases, I just expend a SAY quality to reshuffle what’s required until something comes up with a little profit margin. (As you advance in the game and max out the use of certain currencies, that gets to be more and more of them)