going to tomb colonies exile w/o scandal grind

i was asked to hunt a breedable beast for bishop southwark. the options were the second coil, unterzee, tombcolonies and flute street.

i dont have a boat and i dont know about flute street and i want something more appealing than &quoteasy to search&quot one.
so tomb colonies is my option.

my question is, is there anyway to go to the tom colonies without grinding scandal ?. im fine with getting large amount of scandal in an action. i just dont want to purposely grinding persuasive fails to increase scandal little by little. i want large scandal in one action (like 5 level in one action) or something that takes you there instantly with scandal or otherwise.
my persuasive career is still low (level 3) so i cant get anywhere within the palace or the court.

I doubt there’s anything that easy, but other players can use social actions to dump scandal on you. Also, some equipment gives +1 to scandal while wearing it, getting you there easier, as well as being an easily removed point of scandal for when you want back.

I sent you some scandal, use it wisely ;)

whoa, i dint ask for scandal. but thank you anyway (i accepted them).
i dont know how many scandal has increased and i bought some scandal gear which increase 2 scandal.

so, since i have to grind. what is the best option available ?

There’s at least the wine-drinking in the refreshment pavilion, at the carnival. It’s a 50/50 chance, success removes nightmares and wounds, failure increases scandal. Having people give their scandal to you is undoubtedly faster. Also, a good place for questions like this about the gameplay (not story speculation) is the “weekly questions” thread, with lots of old experienced players usually available for good advice!

i have 7 scandal now. and drinking wine is so slow. i ask other players then.

i got to the colonies and waiting for the beast card. i noticed something cool. everything is in italic
http://i.imgur.com/uAsbTCc.jpg

as i read on the wiki. it seems i need a tincure vigour. which i dont have. going here is a massive waste of time.
by the way, do monsters you get affects the progression of the game ?

[quote=Snado]i got to the colonies and waiting for the beast card. i noticed something cool. everything is in italic

as i read on the wiki. it seems i need a tincure vigour. which i dont have. going here is a massive waste of time.
by the way, do monsters you get affects the progression of the game ?[/quote]
Not really, they’re nice equippables but I don’t think they open any new cards. They do cash out nicely if you breed them well, though.

[quote=Infinity Simulacrum][quote=Snado]i got to the colonies and waiting for the beast card. i noticed something cool. everything is in italic

by the way, do monsters you get affects the progression of the game ?[/quote]
Not really, they’re nice equippables but I don’t think they open any new cards. They do cash out nicely if you breed them well, though.[/quote]

Each of the monsters does in fact open up a new card, one of which even opens up a new substantial story involving the Bishop. :)

If you pay fate.

There is also Black Wings Absinthe, if you have a bunch already drinking it gives 5 change points to scandal.

i wish i knew that. i had bunch of them.
definitely wont going back to colonies until i get a storyline involving it.

EDIT: i found the beast option at the second coil. it requires 5 nightmares, pls no. it requires 100 honey, i have 30 and no known way of grinding them. well, back to the colonies, it seems. bought my tincure too.
edited by Snado on 8/21/2016

You can get honey in the second coil itself. It just takes playing through a cycle of time passing and you talk to the tiger keeper at the end.

If you’ve not been kicked out the palace, you could write a saucy ballet. It takes 20+ actions but you collect a decent payout on your way to the colonies.

Just to make sure, since I am hunting for Tomb-Lion, too. That is a card, right?

Yep.

To get it you’ll need a Tincture of Vigour as mentioned above.

Bit of a necro, but I’m really glad to have found this. I wasn’t sure if it was a card, or what, to hunt the beast.

I think you’re supposed to get the card about mr. hearts commenting on your breeding efforts, as it does give you tinctures of vigor.

Yeap, the Empress’s Court carousel is the most profitably efficient way to go the Tomb-Colonies.

That said, there is just no way to go the Tomb-Colonies without the narrative reason that is the player character doing something socially outrageous. People don’t go there on their own volition.