Getting shafted by nightmares.

I’ve tried to search for this issue, but every result has advice on how to control terror; I’m trying to find out how to reduce Menaces; Nightmare’s Strength.

It’s at 18 now. I’ve failed so many hearts checks for nightmares that it’s got that bad, and i’m down to a 10% chance to pass it. Any time I get the event for nightmares results in 100 terror, and a potential game over. I have 46 hours on this captain, the Dreadnaught, Memento Mori and the Fulgent Impeller, and i’m going to lose it all because I rolled badly 16 times in a row.

I’m not entering London at over 50 terror, i’m resting in London every time, but when the nightmare is this strong a restful night quality is useless.

Heeeeeelp me :(

Are you wounded? (even if you are, ignore that. You can heal wounds with a Hesperidean Apple and at zee.) The Chapel of Lights has a rather unwise option for well-diving that should be helpful. [li][/li][li]
edited by fortluna on 5/6/2015

Thanks. I ended up with a pretty crippled captain, but I survived, just.

[li]Get home and rest! You should be alright after that.
[li]For future reference, keep an eye on your terror and find more ways to reduce it in order to avoid getting more than a 3 or 4. The well option is always there, but fortluna is correct that it’s more of a last resort than something you should do with every captain.

About that, does anybody know what happens if you get 7 Weeping Scars? I was hoping it would trigger something but I have the opposite problem, I can’t accumulate enough Nightmare’s Strength to try it out.

You can only ever have one Weeping Scar.

[quote=fortluna]Are you wounded? (even if you are, ignore that. You can heal wounds with a Hesperidean Apple and at zee.) The Chapel of Lights has a rather unwise option for well-diving that should be helpful. [li][/li][li]
edited by fortluna on 5/6/2015[/quote][/li][li]The well at the chapel has negative consequences? Apart from the weeping scar and the wound?
[/li][li]

[/li]