Getting a room at the brass embassy?

Hi all, i want this lodging, that’s my main goal for now.

As far as i can see, there are two main ways to do it. Either paying 40k prisoner’s honey at the bazaar, or paying 500 brilliant souls, and 100 muscaria brandy, to a devil directly.

I’m thinking of going for the latter option, although i’m not sure which is best.
The only good way i can find for farming souls right now, is the &quotThe prince of…&quotoption, in Unfinished business in spite. This is slow though and i’ll be at it for weeks.
Are there any better ways to farm the necessary souls, or perhaps to gain the brilliant souls and brandy more directly?
I don’t have the A trade in souls fatestuff, but i’m thinking of getting it. And if it would help me get to this goal faster, that’d probably complete my decision. The wiki of course has no info on that so i can’t make an informed choice.

alternatively, would the honey option be faster? how might one farm that much honey?
Some suggestions would be nice please x

I think you’ve misread the bazaar listing - a brass embassy guest room costs 1250 brilliant souls when purchased that way. The honey is for the room at the Royal Beth, but I believe the alternate route (50 antique mysteries) is better for that one.

I would imagine the fastest way to get the souls is thefts of particular character; if you don’t already have a gang of hoodlums, I’d get one first, as you’ll save a lot of actions overall.

You could use Thefts of a Particular Character in the Flit for both Brilliant Souls and Muscaria Brandy. Also if you target the Spirifer in a Flash Lay you get a selection of Infernal items.

this is good advice, thank you lovely people. i gues i’ll focus on getting a gang of hoodlums first

There was a topic on this, I gave my method (works out better for characters who still need stat gain vs those who can 100% with gang of hoodlums)

http://community.failbettergames.com/topic20343-grinding-for-a-guest-room-at-the-brass-embassy.aspx?Page=1#post119913
edited by Puutuulion on 1/10/2016

[quote=Puutuulion]There was a topic on this, I gave my method (works out better for characters who still need stat gain vs those who can 100% with gang of hoodlums)

http://community.failbettergames.com/topic20343-grinding-for-a-guest-room-at-the-brass-embassy.aspx?Page=1#post119913
edited by Puutuulion on 1/10/2016[/quote]

it seems that your method requires access to the university. I’m no longer allowed there, is there a way to regain access?

Nanako, yes, but it requires a long time at zee on a scientific expedition. And even then, you won’t have all of the options available again.

Being a spirifer makes grinding souls profitable but doesn’t open up any good grindable ways to get them. The only option I know of unlocked that’s any good is on the Royal Beth card, which provides 100 souls and 2 Brilliant Souls on a success.