Games for Film competition

[color=#6633ff]In case any of you haven’t seen it already… why not build your entry in StoryNexus?[/color]

http://www.moviescopemag.com/features/games-for-film-competition-worth-100k-launched-with-lionsgate-and-bfi/
edited by Emily St Aubert on 8/8/2012

Details: ‘The University of Abertay Dundee are working with Lionsgate UK and the BFI on Games for Film, which will fund game-makers who can create interactive prototypes that can be used for a film’s cinematic or home entertainment release.They are looking for games that innovatively promote the upcoming theatrical release of forthcoming British feature films Spike Island and Smash and Grab: The Story of the Pink Panthers, both of which were co-financed through the BFI Film Fund and are currently in post-production.
Spike Island is the second feature film from Sex & Drugs & Rock & Roll director Mat Whitecross. The film follows 72 hours in the lives of five young lads from Manchester who travel to Spike Island to see their idols, The Stone Roses, play their legendary 1990 gig.
Smash and Grab: The Story of the Pink Panthers is a documentary about the underworld of diamond stealing, smuggling and fencing, using rotoscope animation to disguise the thieves’ true identities.
The titles available for development for the Lionsgate prizes could include Dirty Dancing, Great Expectations, The Expendables 2 and The Texas Chainsaw Massacre 3D.’

We think StoryNexus would be an ideal platform for something like this, so we’d love to see some of you enter.

Hate to be a downer but I don’t think this competition’s for me. One: These films don’t sound like my style. Sure, I’d watch them but I don’t think I want to spend weeks writing around them. Two: The films aren’t released yet. I don’t see how a person can write compelling stories and systems without first seeing what they’re based on.

I think, according to the information here https://connect.innovateuk.org/web/games-for-films-contest/overview that the contest is mainly about pitching concepts - presumably the successful applicants will then work with the producers on the story content.