[Game] The Game of Skyglass and Scarab [Round 1]

Username: Duke Lawliet
Character Name: Theodore Robespierre
Race: Human
Colour: [color=#6600ff]Purple, the suitable colour of all nobility
[/color]Weapon: Hand claws and bomblets are the order of the day
Abilities: Theodore is gifted with extreme flexibility, and a keen sense of rhythm. He treats battle like a dance, to be savored, and enjoyed.
Description: Theodore, the Sixteenth Duke of Lawliet, was a born hedonist. He adores good food, good art, and espescially good lovers. He is of a smaller stature than typical, yet his personality is not to match. He simply exceeds the capacity of his physical body, his presence seeming to take up a room. His blonde, highly styled hair, is a point of pride, in addition to his absolutely impeccable dress. He never leaves home without his prized pocketwatch.
Biography: Born into the Dukedom, Theodore Robespierre has never had to go without anything but his family. He briefly considered being depressed about it, yet decided revenge was the best course of action. He simply decided to take what he could from the family to call his own, and take his affections from elsewhere. Particularly shameful elsewheres. He’s mingled with Bohemians, Devils, Revolutionaries, and then, as if just to flaunt that he could, still returned to high society. He came across dueling as a hobby, picking up a distinctive style after his voyages to the Orient. There, he also became introduced to the Widow. He is currently dabbling as an agent of the Widow, and learned of this game from her. Apparently, she wanted a competitor to secure a tad more prestige. Well. A game isn’t much fun unless you play. And so he decided he’d do just that.

So, am I in?

EDIT: Is purple acceptable? It’s a much different shade than the magenta that Jeanette is using.
edited by DukeLawliet on 2/21/2012

((There was mention of calling in the Constables. Special Inspector Yana, formerly of the Velocipede Squad, would be willing to get their hands dirty if allowed.))

(All right I think that I may have to make the next move to progress this game.)

[color=#000099] Its attempt to fool the others with a fake retreat worked perfectly. A little smoke and mirrors always does the trick. As it watched silently in the corner the others planned. One of them the RAT again the one that hated it so was trying to lead them once again to destroy it. Why was it so persistent? Did it know of its plans? If so the creature might have to do more than simply steal what it needed from the rat. It might have to do something more permanent.

It watched as the group all listened to the RAT’s plan to destroy it. None of the others seemed too interested in what the RAT had to say. One of the contestants was actually leaving. The face-stealer, the one who pretended to be a poet. This one had been reluctant to act upon it and it knew the face-stealers true identity. An alliance could be formed. Two of gods own forsaken making a demonic contract of sorts. With its plan firmly it used the RAT’s boisterous yelling to escape unnoticed out of window in the direction of the face-stealer.

[color=#000000]
(Obviously I can’t progress without Elvor responding to me. I was just wondering as a side-note are we aloud to communicate to other players in PM form? You know in character as sort of private conversations that no one but those two know? I know are characters aren’t supposed to know what happens in private but I can’t help but think some ambiance can be added to a RP when people truly don’t know what happened between two characters. Just a thought.)
[/color][/color]

((I think that would work out rather well))

[color=rgb(0, 153, 0)]James thought about the plan “I’m not on good terms with the special police. And barring that, the fastest way I have to send a message is by bat, IF I knew where to send it. However, getting other folks involved here may be a good idea. We’ve got three factions here: The neddy men, the dock workers, and the oriental smugglers. Suffice to say none of them like the other two, but if we approach each of them separately, we can get all of them on our side, unknowingly working together. They can be our eyes and ears. Our weapons too, if need be. I intend on telling them to stay out of it, but I know for a fact the dock workers and neddy men won’t take kindly to some dangerous individual prowling around here. Telling them to stay out of it just means we won’t be held accountable for any unfortunate deaths. Now, we can either stick together for safety, or split up and try to get this done faster. It’s up to you guys.”[/color]