Gaining Dramatic Tension in London?

I was wondering if there were any other means to gain or use it besides in the War of Assassins or in Wilmot’s End.

if anyone has any analysis on which costs the least AP, that would be appreciated too.:)

Those are currently the only sources of dramatic tension.

Both cycles require 11 actions to earn 1 point of dramatic tension. You need 33 action to get to Dramatic Tension 2 and 1 to actually get your item. However, you require an additional 11 actions to bring the Wilmots End storylets to their conclusions so you can get your item. I advise running through both stories once and using War of Assassins to earn your Dramatic Tension. This allows you to get what you need from Wilmots End without having to spend that additional 11 actions.

[quote=MaskedGentleman]Those are currently the only sources of dramatic tension.

Both cycles require 11 actions to earn 1 point of dramatic tension. You need 33 action to get to Dramatic Tension 2 and 1 to actually get your item. However, you require an additional 11 actions to bring the Wilmots End storylets to their conclusions so you can get your item. I advise running through both stories once and using War of Assassins to earn your Dramatic Tension. This allows you to get what you need from Wilmots End without having to spend that additional 11 actions.[/quote]

Wilmot’s End may require another cycle to get your reward, BUT claiming your reward only resets the dramatic tension, without resetting your progress. This means you can immediately claim another point of dramatic tension after spending it.

thank you both kindly for your help :)

[quote=Urthdigger]

Wilmot’s End may require another cycle to get your reward, BUT claiming your reward only resets the dramatic tension, without resetting your progress. This means you can immediately claim another point of dramatic tension after spending it. [/quote]

[li]
Bit of forum necromancy for my wiki guide - can Dramatic Tension be redone in War of Assassins like Wilmot’s End?

Yeah, it’s repeatable. :)

Excellent. Thanks for the confirmation Sara! Will have the wiki reflect that.[li]
edited by bertrandwins on 7/18/2013

[li]

There is at least one other way I know of, but [/li][li]
[/li][li]EDIT: I noticed that for some reason, the highlight of this topic will give mouseover text that ignores the spoiler tag, so I’m adding this fluff text to try and make that less of a thing.[/li][li]
[/li][li] It requires that you have a daughter, and is hidden within the Nadir. [/li][li]
edited by Finvara on 7/18/2013[/li][li]
edited by Finvara on 7/18/2013

That is fate-locked, and as such forbidden from wikis (though thanks anyway =P)

I didn’t expect it to go in the wiki, I just figured it should be known to those who don’t fear spoiler text.

At the moment I’m marooned on Hunter’s Keep – it looks like all the interesting options require Dramatic Tension of at least 1 which I don’t have, and none of the remaining options seem to raise it . It’s getting to be quite a long saga of noshing on cucumber sandwiches with the sisters and peering at wells, but things could scarcely be less dramatic or less tense! I am Unaccountably Peckish but only at 1… Time Passing in the Archipelago is 9, so I’d guess I don’t have too much longer. Any help on how I could crank up the Tension before drifting back to Zee?

It’s unavoidable. Once you listen to their stories at the end of time passing you’ll get a point. Beware: once you visit the Unterzee it will be taken from you! So spend it on the well on your next cycle.

I have got this same problem so I continue this conversation. I tried to find a way to get dramatic tension in Wilmot’s End but I didn’t find it. Where should i search for it? I’ll need that Whirring Contraption.

http://fallenlondon.wikia.com/wiki/Searching_out_a_Missing_Woman
The missing woman should start it.
Once you’re at the final storylet, you can also get Tension from other places in London, the storylet can’t tell.
edited by Aximillio on 1/7/2015

[quote=Aximillio]
http://fallenlondon.wikia.com/wiki/Searching_out_a_Missing_Woman
The missing woman should start it.
Once you’re at the final storylet, you can also get Tension from other places in London, the storylet can’t tell.
edited by Aximillio on 1/7/2015[/quote]

I have been searching for the missing woman, and my advance in the task is now almost 5. I haven’t seen any dramatic tension yet. Should I get the final storylet first, or what? How much advance points does that require?

After you reach the end of the cycle you’ll gain 1 point of Dramatic Tension. You’ll need three points of Dramatic Tension to claim the reward.

I think it’s a repeatable set of storylets and each time through it gives you 1 change point of Dramatic Tension. You need Tension at level 2 (so that’s 3 Change Points) to claim a reward.

So you’ll get your first point if you finish the set of storylets, and then you repeat it to get more points, and then repeat it to get your reward.

As far as I know, War of Assassins is the most efficient way to grind Dramatic Tension. Play Missing Woman up to 5 (The End of a Search), then switch over to WoA to bring DT up to 2. That way, you only have to play through Missing Woman once to get the Whirring Contraption/Strong-Backed Labour.

Claiming the reward resets the cycle now. You’ll always have to play back through to reach the reward storylet.

Really? I thought they both need 11 actions per Tension.