Fresh out of Wisdom

[color=rgb(194, 194, 194)]Hey guys,[/color]

[color=rgb(194, 194, 194)]I’m in the midst of trying to find Wisdom, so I can obtain the Sage for the Fulgent Impeller…[/color]

[color=rgb(194, 194, 194)]And yet I’ve opened pretty much the whole map without finding it. [/color]

[color=rgb(194, 194, 194)]I started this particular game back when SS was still in early access - I got fairly far along, so kept coming back - is it possible that being an old map, Wisdom simply hasn’t been created on it yet? In other words, do I have an obsolete map?[/color]

[color=rgb(194, 194, 194)]I guess I assumed that the map updated whenever the game did… but now I’m not sure.[/color]

[color=rgb(194, 194, 194)]Should I die, and hope that it’ll appear in the reshuffle?[/color]

[color=rgb(194, 194, 194)]Here’s my map - [/color]http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=1z4ef0x&s=8#.VPqQcvmUezB[color=rgb(194, 194, 194)] - if anyone can see it (maybe it’s unmarked or something) PUHLEESE let me know!![/color]

[color=rgb(194, 194, 194)]Thanks all![/color]

Multiple patches added things that do not show up until there’s a new game, mostly related to the map. It’s very likely that this is the case here!

That map is pretty well uncovered. There’s nowhere that would fit Wisdom.
edited by MidnightVoyager on 3/7/2015

If you had it, it would probably be somewhere in that fifth column, given that the Chelonate no longer spawns there, and everything else in that column but the Chapel/Horizon Tile and the Southern coast is blank.

It’s probably possible to edit your savefile to add it in, but the best/least potentially buggy solution is just starting a new captain.
edited by Olorin on 3/7/2015

Arrrgh, I came so far!!

Oh well, start again! Thanks guys.

(I might be wrong, but…) isn’t wisdom one of those ports/islands that doesn’t actually say “wisdom” anywhere? Or at least doesn’t show up on the map in big letters?

No it says Wisdom.

Its in the sea of lillies, which is, well, fairly obvious when you find it :P

It SHOULD be the tile north of the Khanate, if that’s a generic tile then you’re out of luck.

Also your map is too big (its got seven columns instead of six) so the entire far right is messed up.

Probably should start a new game. (Well, or retire this one/go thru the high gate or something that’ll pass on a legacy)

[quote=Gregg Johnson]It’s probably possible to edit your savefile to add it in, but the best/least potentially buggy solution is just starting a new captain.
edited by Olorin on 3/7/2015[/quote]

Probably…

Does anyone know if this can be done? Any instructions or tools available?

I’ve also got a map sans Wisdom and would rather not start a new captain.

Well. If I do die before I figure out the map editing, will the game generate a new map if don’t pass on the chart? Will Wisdom appear on that map?

Ok, in reverse order. If you die/retire and don’t pass on the map, it’ll will probably generate a new map properly. You can verify this as follows:

Go to c:\users<you>\LocalLow\Failbetter Games\Sunless Sea\saves (ish, that’s from memory, you’ll work it out).
BACK UP Autosave.json. Not joking. Copy it somewhere else.
Retire, pass on all your money, buy a ship and a big engine, go explore. When you find it, quit the game, and copy the backed up Autosave.json over the new one. That’ll restore your old captain.

As for what to do to fiddle the game file, I’ve got some ideas, but they’re messy. You’ll need something like notepad++ and a very very basic understanding of json, and it’s going to be a billion times easier to just retire with a bunch of heirlooms.