Force equip?

I swear at some point it was written up that we could &quotforce equip&quot an item when we give it to a player (or auto equip it somehow). Did I just imagine this? I can’t find it in the UI or the documentation. I must be going nuts. [li]

Should just be a checkbox under the quality selection thing?

[quote=Spacemarine9]Should just be a checkbox under the quality selection thing?
[/quote]

Pah-durrr… Thank you for the easy-to-understand picture! I was expecting auto-equip to be selected somewhere in the quality creation screen, but it makes more sense for it to be part of the branch. Off I go then. Noo-nee-noo neenoo nooooonee nooNOOOOO!

[li]

[quote=Spacemarine9]Should just be a checkbox under the quality selection thing?
[/quote]

[li]
I have no Idea what that is, but it looks soooo beautiful.

That’s how rats are developed. And all the other Storynexus things too.

I now have newfound respect for Rats. I always found them cute, but this is even better.[li]
edited by Tommy Wi on 9/2/2013

What is the point to auto=equipping if the player can just unequip the item immediately? I really want to know… maybe i’ll use this feature if i knew how to prevent that.

I think if you restrict usage of an item slot to a particular setting/area then they won’t be able to unequip it unless they’re in said setting/area. But I haven’t really experimented with force equipping at all, or slot restrictions for that matter.

Spacemarine is right. You can restrict equip/unequip by area which is useful but limited.

The other way I have dealt with this is to have circumstance qualities such as “Radioactive Area” and have the item when equipped increase a “Protected from Radiation” quality. Then there is an Always/Must card that fires if the “Radioactive Area” quality is set but not the “Protected from Radiation” quality. The Always/Must either nags the player to equip the item and won’t go away until they do, or does something nasty to them to motivate them to equip the item.

If you go for a “nag the player” card, you need to either not make the “Protection from Radiation” quality required (in which case the card just keeps playing), or if you make the quality required, it’s a good idea to put help text in brackets notifying the player that if they equip the item and are stuck in the card that they should refresh the browser window after doing so.